Who's going to see Rage at Alpine Valley?

IGotShit24IGotShit24 Posts: 68
edited June 2007 in Other Music
I know I am. Coachella was too far, and the rest of the cities had all that rap shit going on with it. This show is just them and Queens of the Stone Age and it's Alpine Valley, which I've always wanted to go to. Who's going and any tips on the venue? I guess tailgaiting is pretty encouraged? Any info would be great.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    holy shit what a fucking show. this will be the show of the summer.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • GoBuckyGoBucky Posts: 198
    I will certainly be there!
  • maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    When are they playing there????
    My lips are shaking.......
  • pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    macci wrote:
    When are they playing there????

Fri August 24th. It says that tickets are $57, but it's well worth it for this show. I'm fucking psyched.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    Wow, I was actually supposed to be in the area that week...............thanks!!
    My lips are shaking.......
  • DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    How far is Chicago from Alpine Valley? Can I get there in a reasonable amount of time by train from Chicago? Is this possible?

I'm actually considering going. By myself if need be.
  • AvocadoLadyAvocadoLady Posts: 680
    There aren't any trains that go directly to Alpine - you'd have to take the train and then rent a car, or just drive up from Chicago. It's about two hours driving, give or take.

Also - don't plan on arriving just before showtime; the roads around Alpine get very congested then. Give yourself a few hours to get in and get tailgating :D
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • I hope to be there!
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    If your driving up from Chicago go the speed limit. Cause East Troy cops love pulling people over.

They love pulling people over for anything really. And with this show happening now. They will be circling their calendars for this one.
  • If your driving up from Chicago go the speed limit. Cause East Troy cops love pulling people over.

They love pulling people over for anything really. And with this show happening now. They will be circling their calendars for this one.

Yeah it's going to be a profitable weekend for the cops-
    Dave Matthews plays 2 nights in a row right after this one...
    Yeah it's going to be a profitable weekend for the cops-

Yea it's how it is with East Troy cops. It part of the fun and great times at Alpine. Once your inside the venue your free to play. lol
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I really really want to go. The 14 hour drive is a little steep though...
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
    DOSW wrote:
    I really really want to go. The 14 hour drive is a little steep though...

Take a break in between. You can do it. :D
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    I'm going, barring I can get tickets. Can't wait!!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14