Just saw Kings of Leon for the first time

IGotShit24IGotShit24 Posts: 68
edited June 2007 in Other Music
Just saw them for the first time, was so excited for this concert, only to be so let down. Got there bout 3 songs late, I was pisssed I missed black thumbnail. But anyways, at the end during Slow Long Slow Night, I just kept thinking about how good it sounded with vedder. Anywho, they put on a very half ass show, sure it sounded perfect to the studio album, but no improv at all. During Lolla they'll only be gettin a couple mins. Because of the Times is goin on the shelves for a while, as a matter of fact, I put in "Pearl Jam" on the way home from the show.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjhabitpjhabit Posts: 211
    Wow you must really be spoilt
    Boise 11/3/00~Fargo 6/15/03~Winnipeg 9/8/05~St. Paul 6/26/06~6/27/06
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    IGotShit24 wrote:
    Just saw them for the first time, was so excited for this concert, only to be so let down. Got there bout 3 songs late, I was pisssed I missed black thumbnail. But anyways, at the end during Slow Long Slow Night, I just kept thinking about how good it sounded with vedder. Anywho, they put on a very half ass show, sure it sounded perfect to the studio album, but no improv at all. During Lolla they'll only be gettin a couple mins. Because of the Times is goin on the shelves for a while, as a matter of fact, I put in "Pearl Jam" on the way home from the show.

thats a shame. ive seen them a handful of times in different sized venues, and they've not disappointed me yet. they were the reason i was so gusto in getting my pj tix last year. i guess every band has an off night, maybe you caught one of theirs. i hope you dont shelve them permanently. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • PJ Habit wrote:
    Wow you must really be spoilt

yeah I went to the Police concert at the key arena last week...very good show...but afterwards my friend (who I've turned from a pearl jam hater to a 10c member) says:

"Yeah that was pretty good, but they were no pearl jam....man seeing Pearl Jam live really fucked me up...now its like everyone else just puts on an 'ok' show."
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • The MaestroThe Maestro Posts: 100
    yeah I went to the Police concert at the key arena last week...very good show...but afterwards my friend (who I've turned from a pearl jam hater to a 10c member) says:

"Yeah that was pretty good, but they were no pearl jam....man seeing Pearl Jam live really fucked me up...now its like everyone else just puts on an 'ok' show."

I know what you mean; I saw KOL a month or so ago in Seattle and I really enjoyed their show, but I felt is was pretty short at about an hour and a quarter or so. I guess I'm spoiled from all those 2.5 hours + PJ shows I've seen.
  • IGotShit24 wrote:

Too bad.
    Driving in my car, smoking a cigar. The only time I'm happy is when I play my guitar.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    wow they rocked a few weeks ago here. :)
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    I know what you mean; I saw KOL a month or so ago in Seattle and I really enjoyed their show, but I felt is was pretty short at about an hour and a quarter or so. I guess I'm spoiled from all those 2.5 hours + PJ shows I've seen.

That's how I felt too. It seems like the setlist has been the same everynight.

Black Thumbnail to open and Slow Night, So Long to close.

All in all I heard almost everything I wanted to hear and it sounded good in that short amount of time.
    NERDS!