Options

The Toadies- New news

red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
edited November 2007 in Other Music
Hey everyone,

The Toadies are back for quite awhile it seems and they have some new shows coming up and there will probably be some more in the new year 2008. There is a heavy rumor floating around that they have a new disc coming out. They also have a myspace fan page and facebook fanpage and a street team at http://www.fancorps.com.

Here are the most recent shows coming:

Dates
Dec 13 2007 8:00P - Verizon Wireless Theater: Houston, TX
Dec 14 2007 7:00P - Austin Music Hall: Austin, Texas
Dec 15 2007 7:00P - Nokia Theater: Grand Prarie, Texas
Dec 18 2007 6:00P - The Pavilion @ Concrete Street: Corpus Christi
Dec 19 2007 7:00P - White Rabbit: San Antonio, Texas
Dec 26 2007 7:00P - The Rev Room: Little Rock, Arkansas
Dec 27 2007 7:00P - The Warehouse: Shreveport, Louisiana
Dec 28 2007 7:00P - Tipitina's: New Orleans, Louisiana
Hope to see you guys on their street team and facebook and myspace pages. I will be sure to let you all know of news here when I get it.

Tickets for Austin, Dallas (It's a radio festival how the edge stole Xmas) They headline the 2nd night December 15th), Houston and corpus Christi are onsale at http://www.ticketmaster.com and Austin is onsale at http://www.gettix.net.
For San Antonio here is the tickets info: http://www.detourtickets.com/

Here is the recent info on these shows:

12/26 - Little Rock, AR - The Rev Room
http://www.rumbarevolution.com

12/27 - Shreveport, LA - The Warehouse
http://www.myspace.com/theriversidewarehouse

12/28 - New Orleans, LA - Tipitina's
http://www.tipitinas.com

More shows coming in 2008!
PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    RedlegsRedlegs Posts: 160
    Great news! I wasn't able to catch any Burden Brothers shows, so this will be even better. Hopefully we'll see some northern shows.
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    Mother FUCK! I think I'll be in NOLA during the Houston show and in Houston during the NOLA show. WHAT THE FUCK! I have to correct this.
  • Options
    i'll be at the H-town show!!!!!!!!!
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • Options
    MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    this is excellent. they need to release a new album. I hope they will release a studio version of "Clarksville" and "Send You To Heaven".
  • Options
    Bumping for Toadies fans!
  • Options
    I was at the Live at the Paradise show. Toadies are awesome. They'll come up to Boston soon enough
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Options
    momofglynn wrote:
    I was at the Live at the Paradise show. Toadies are awesome. They'll come up to Boston soon enough
    cool. VTL's voice sounded kind of hoarse like he on the verge of losing his voice on that recording but still a bad ass show.

They recorded their st patricks day concert 2007 (the dallas one). Copies can be purchased here: http://www.disclive.com
  • Options
    cool. Live from paradise was cool, but Todd sounds like he was losing his voice a little bit. I tried to search for their 2007 st. Patricks show in Dallas but looks like they are out of print.
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    wow....I didnt even know they were still together. I like them.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    libragirl wrote:
    wow....I didnt even know they were still together. I like them.
    well actually, they just got back together. Todd went and started a band called the Burden Brothers a few years ago and was busy with that and Rez the drummer plays in a country band called 1100 springs.

The Burden Brothers had 2 members quit so they are said to be on an indefinite hiatus right now but not broken up.

Mark Hughes,a guy from a Dallas local band "Baboon" will be playing bass for them. He rounded out the 2001 Hell below/stars above tour after Lisa Umbarger left.

They heavy rumor is that a new album will drop in 2008 and they will do an national tour to support it.
    Over the last 2 years it's just been a few Texas local one off shows.
  • Options
    Toadies are THE classic example of how a major label will bend a band over and fuck them royally. they release a platinum selling album and then the label refuses to release the followup for 6 years because they are oversigned with way too many bands. so they finally get around to releasing it 6 years later and it sells next to nothing because most of the "fans" have moved on. I still maintain that their 2 studio albums are 2 of the greatest albums ever released.

btw, I have the studio version of the album that SHOULD have been released between Rubberneck and Hell Below/Stars Above. it has about half the songs from HB/SA and half songs that were never released including "Clarksville" and the instrumental "ATF/Garrison Killer" and the song "Best of 3" which eventually became the HB/SA song "Everything We Have, We Steal".

also, I have a bootleg from a Dallas show at the venue Trees and it is damn awesome, as good a recording a the Paradise show, with a lot more songs that were never released.
  • Options
    Agreed. Interscope completely fucked the Toadies. I have no idea if the new album is going to be the feeler cd (the one between Rubberneck and HB/SA) or an actual new disc. The band members have remained quite tight lipped about it. The Toadies are now signed to an indie label in Dallas with a satellite office in Las Angeles. They are also the label that signed the Burden Brothers. I promise I'll pass on info as it comes. I get it directly from the label and then pass it on so the fans know about it cause I know the Toads still have a huge fan base, their myspace page says it everyday with pleas for shows and get back together request. I'll be at the Houston show, and of course I'll post a review for those that want to read it.
  • Options
    red mos wrote:
    Agreed. Interscope completely fucked the Toadies. I have no idea if the new album is going to be the feeler cd (the one between Rubberneck and HB/SA) or an actual new disc. The band members have remained quite tight lipped about it. The Toadies are now signed to an indie label in Dallas with a satellite office in Las Angeles. They are also the label that signed the Burden Brothers. I promise I'll pass on info as it comes. I get it directly from the label and then pass it on so the fans know about it cause I know the Toads still have a huge fan base, their myspace page says it everyday with pleas for shows and get back together request. I'll be at the Houston show, and of course I'll post a review for those that want to read it.

well, it can't be the Feeler cd song for song, because half those songs ended up on HB/SA.

also, who's the 2nd guitarist? is it Clark still, or another guitarist, or their original guitarist?
  • Options
    yeah, clark is still on guitar. It was confirmed yesterday by Todd or (Vaden as he goes by now (his first name).

It's gonna be Vaden, Clark, Mark "Rez" on drums and Mark Hughes on Bass.

yeah, I have no idea what they plan to do for the new record I mean there were like 13 or 14 actual feeler tracks that didn't make it on HB/SA, so I wonder if they will just release those or actually going to record some new stuff. It will probably be a little bit before they let us know cause they want to promote these December shows right now at least that's what I was told.

As far as Darell Herbert I have no idea what he is doing now days. I tried to do a google search on him and got nothing.
    Lisa is just hanging out and enjoying life from what she told me in a real short email, she didn't say anything else except "thanks for asking about her and what she has been up to."
  • Options
    ooooh, I don't like that Lisa's not part of it. I mean she's not the greatest bassist ever or anything, but she was still an integral part of the Toadies.

Darrell originally left the band to attend college, that's all I know on him.

the one great thing about the Toadies is that on their message board, all the band members would hang out and talk to the fans and they would also hang out with fans after the shows. I saw them in Myrtle Beach, SC 3 months before they broke up.
  • Options
    MLC2006 wrote:
    Toadies are THE classic example of how a major label will bend a band over and fuck them royally. they release a platinum selling album and then the label refuses to release the followup for 6 years because they are oversigned with way too many bands. so they finally get around to releasing it 6 years later and it sells next to nothing because most of the "fans" have moved on. I still maintain that their 2 studio albums are 2 of the greatest albums ever released.

btw, I have the studio version of the album that SHOULD have been released between Rubberneck and Hell Below/Stars Above. it has about half the songs from HB/SA and half songs that were never released including "Clarksville" and the instrumental "ATF/Garrison Killer" and the song "Best of 3" which eventually became the HB/SA song "Everything We Have, We Steal".

also, I have a bootleg from a Dallas show at the venue Trees and it is damn awesome, as good a recording a the Paradise show, with a lot more songs that were never released.

You should seriously consider posting some mp3's of what you have. Toadies rule! So do Burden Brothers. They were/are awesome. Saw them in Minneapolis and they rocked the joint. I have one of their first singles, Queen of Spades.
    So now I'm drivin the bus- Kramer
    You're batman!- George
    Yeah...yeah...I AM batman!!- Kramer
  • Options
    jambayleaf wrote:
    You should seriously consider posting some mp3's of what you have. Toadies rule! So do Burden Brothers. They were/are awesome. Saw them in Minneapolis and they rocked the joint. I have one of their first singles, Queen of Spades.

well, the feeler album I have is on cassette so I don't know how to transfer it onto a computer.

as for the live show, I could do that. however, I have never uploaded anything. is there a site I could do that on for free? if so, I will upload the show and let you all know. I mean, I know how to upload it onto my computer with windows media, so if you can tell me how to take it from my computer to a mp3 site, I'll do it.
  • Options
    MLC2006 wrote:
    ooooh, I don't like that Lisa's not part of it. I mean she's not the greatest bassist ever or anything, but she was still an integral part of the Toadies.

Darrell originally left the band to attend college, that's all I know on him.

the one great thing about the Toadies is that on their message board, all the band members would hang out and talk to the fans and they would also hang out with fans after the shows. I saw them in Myrtle Beach, SC 3 months before they broke up.

Yeah, Todd still gets on the boards and chats with us too. When I write him on myspace, he always writes back. He really is down to earth and really is one of the nicest musicians I've ever met. I've always been a big fan of his music.
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    I found this link on another forum

http://www.xtrmntr.com/toadies/feeler/

try it out!
  • Options
    d_bob76 wrote:

try it out!

very nice! and today's my birthday, so that's a great gift, thanks! That's not the version of Feeler I had because the one I had had some of the HB/SA songs on it. I'd about forgot some of those songs like "This is Your Day" and "Suck Magic".

I've never heard that version of "Send You to Heaven" before and I'm trying to decide whether I like it or not. the only other versions I'd heard were either live or a very early rough cut of it.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,127
    momofglynn wrote:

My God I hope so...
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,013
    No Florida dates?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    probably in 2008. after the album comes out.
  • Options
    d_bob76 wrote:

try it out!

thanks for posting this, but after listening to it a couple times, i can see how the record company could have canned it. the songs are good, but they kinda lack the power or intensity of rubberneck or hb/sa.
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • Options
    Brain Of E wrote:
    thanks for posting this, but after listening to it a couple times, i can see how the record company could have canned it. the songs are good, but they kinda lack the power or intensity of rubberneck or hb/sa.

but you have to remember that what is in that link does not include the Feeler songs that ended up on HB/SA. I know for sure that the original version of Feeler had "Push The Hand", "Dollskin", "Everything we have we steal" (originally called "Best of 3"), "Little Sin" and "Heel". so it contained the songs from the link plus most of the best songs from HB/SA.
  • Options
    d_bob76 wrote:

try it out!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds really good.
    So now I'm drivin the bus- Kramer
    You're batman!- George
    Yeah...yeah...I AM batman!!- Kramer
  • Options
    Most recent ticket info:

Three more December Toadies shows have been added - Little Rock. Shreveport & New Orleans.

12/26 - Little Rock - The Rev Room - http://www.rumbarevolution.com Ages 18 +, tickets on sale soon @ http://www.ticketalternative.com

12/27 - Shreveport - The Warehouse - http://www.myspace.com/theriversidewarehouse , ages 21 +, w/ The Feds, Advance ticket info coming soon

12/28 - New Orleans - Tipitina's - http://www.tipitinas.com, ages 18 +, w/ The Feds, Tickets on sale now @ http://www.ticketweb.com

Already announced:
    12/13 - Houston - Verizon Wireless Theater - Tickets on sale @ Ticketmaster
    12/14 - Austin - Austin Music Hall - Tickets on sale @ Gettix.NET
    12/15 - Dallas - Nokia Theater - How The Edge Stole Christmas
    Tickets on sale @ Ticketmaster
    12/18 - Corpus Christi - The Pavilion at Concrete Street - Tickets on sale @ Ticketmaster
    12/19 - San Antonio - White Rabbit - Tickets on sale @ Detourtickets.com

We hope to see you at the shows!

Also, Vaden Todd Lewis did a Q and A thing for us last night and basically this is it in a nut shell:

"I'm stoked for the Toadies shows, always good to see the fans"-VTL
    He said the setlists will be mixed more than just the one offs over the last year.
    He said maybe, just maybe they may play a new song.
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,988
    This is an older thread but it was the most comprehensive Toadies thread I could find on here.

Saw them again on Wednesday with Reverend Horton Heat. Excellent rock show!

Toadies have become one of my favorite live bands and I'll see them every chance I get.

The tour they are on consists of playing all of Rubberneck and following that with a bunch of different things from the other albums, deep cuts included!

They played two new songs from the album they're releasing next year and both of them are effing good.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV