Finally got to see Springsteen live last night!

red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
edited April 2008 in Other Music
I'll tell you what Springsteen fans, I understand it now. The obsession with "the Boss's" music. It was such an amazing show. My highlights have to be "Atlantic City", and "Because the Night." Those two made the price of admission worth it alone. "Atlantic city" was done full band, and I didn't recognize it at first, but it was so powerful and emotional. Bruce had what looked to be just a really sad look of emotion while the band whipped through this tight version of this classic. "Because the Night" Just had Springsteen going crazy on guitar. He gave that six string an ass kicking with his fancy fret work- truly unbelievable to watch. I was in Awe. "E street Shuffle" was added as a fan request by a kid who looked to be between 8-12 years old. Bruce took the sign and put it on the mic stand and said " You're grand daddy was probably your age when I wrote this song" and they played it and nailed the hell out of it. Loved the song "Magic", sounds slower live and actually better than on the album. " Born to run" had the houselights up and the place was going crazy. I had a blast, and I am so glad my parents bought me a ticket and wanted to share such a special show from another artists they love with me. I have been listening to Springsteen all day today, just because the concert was so awesome. I totally get Bruce's music fully now and appreciate it on such a higher level, "the Boss" does kick ass.

Here is the set: courtesy of http://www.backstreets.com.
Setlist:
Cadillac Ranch
Radio Nowhere
Lonesome Day
Atlantic City
Magic
Because the Night
Candy's Room
She's the One
Out in the Street
Livin' in the Future
The Promised Land
Girls in Their Summer Clothes
The E Street Shuffle
Terry's Song
Devil's Arcade
The Rising
Last to Die
Long Walk Home
Badlands
Thunder Road
Always a Friend (w/ Alejandro Escovedo)
All Just to Get to You (w/ Joe Ely)
Rosalita
Born to Run
Tenth Avenue Freeze-out
American Land
PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    Atlantic City is amazing, def 1 of my favorite Bruce tunes.
  • yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    the funny thing is I am not that big of a Bruce fan but I love going to the shows. I always have a blast and I seem to know every song. I have seen so many shows and its always a great time. I do listen to the albums but I am more of a concert fan.
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
  • He Opened With Cadillac Ranch?!
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Wow. That's a set list for old folks like me. :D

:p
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • whulmefwhulmef Posts: 176
    He Opened With Cadillac Ranch?!

Crazy. Did they do that dance at the end of the song where they all line up?
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    better late then never.

:)
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    No Point Blank?

damn

i love that song
  • HOOKERHOOKER Posts: 1,443
    red mos wrote:
    I'll tell you what Springsteen fans, I understand it now. The obsession with "the Boss's" music. It was such an amazing show. My highlights have to be "Atlantic City", and "Because the Night." Those two made the price of admission worth it alone. "Atlantic city" was done full band, and I didn't recognize it at first, but it was so powerful and emotional. Bruce had what looked to be just a really sad look of emotion while the band whipped through this tight version of this classic. "Because the Night" Just had Springsteen going crazy on guitar. He gave that six string an ass kicking with his fancy fret work- truly unbelievable to watch. I was in Awe. "E street Shuffle" was added as a fan request by a kid who looked to be between 8-12 years old. Bruce took the sign and put it on the mic stand and said " You're grand daddy was probably your age when I wrote this song" and they played it and nailed the hell out of it. Loved the song "Magic", sounds slower live and actually better than on the album. " Born to run" had the houselights up and the place was going crazy. I had a blast, and I am so glad my parents bought me a ticket and wanted to share such a special show from another artists they love with me. I have been listening to Springsteen all day today, just because the concert was so awesome. I totally get Bruce's music fully now and appreciate it on such a higher level, "the Boss" does kick ass.

Setlist:
    Cadillac Ranch
    Radio Nowhere
    Lonesome Day
    Atlantic City
    Magic
    Because the Night
    Candy's Room
    She's the One
    Out in the Street
    Livin' in the Future
    The Promised Land
    The E Street Shuffle
    Terry's Song
    Devil's Arcade
    The Rising
    Last to Die
    Long Walk Home
    Badlands
    Thunder Road
    Rosalita
    Born to Run
    Tenth Avenue Freeze-out
    American Land

tenth avenue freeze out?!?!?!?!?
    Nice to know you.
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    HOOKER wrote:
    tenth avenue freeze out?!?!?!?!?

They've been playing it for the last week or so, evven opened with it in Dallas I think.
  • butterfly1butterfly1 Posts: 372
    Cool bringing out Joe Ely too. glad you enjoyed. Bruce can bring it live like few others.
  • HOOKERHOOKER Posts: 1,443
    holtz wrote:
    They've been playing it for the last week or so, evven opened with it in Dallas I think.

I havent checked the sets for a while. Damn. GOood show.
    Nice to know you.
  • red mos wrote:

Setlist:
    Cadillac Ranch
    Radio Nowhere
    Lonesome Day
    Atlantic City
    Magic
    Because the Night
    Candy's Room
    She's the One
    Out in the Street
    Livin' in the Future
    The Promised Land
    The E Street Shuffle
    Terry's Song
    Devil's Arcade
    The Rising
    Last to Die
    Long Walk Home
    Badlands
    Thunder Road
    Rosalita
    Born to Run
    Tenth Avenue Freeze-out
    American Land

Bruce is great live, sounds like that was a good show. I hope I get to see him this tour.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • zircona1zircona1 Posts: 293
    I get what you're feeling, I didn't "get" Bruce's music (well, I liked all of his big hits, but that was it) until I saw the HBO live show back in '99 (I think). I was like, "wow, this is really good."

Since then, I've seen Bruce w/the E Street Band twice (if I had the cash I'd go see him a lot more times!). I went to the Omaha show in March and it was fantastic - my hands hurt from clapping so much by the end! :)

Looks like you got an awesome setlist - I would love to see Cadillac Ranch and Out in the Street live.
    "As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart."—Jubilee

"I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    And another one is assimilated. Resistance is futile once you've seen Bruce live.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Clifwith1fClifwith1f Posts: 143
    Can't wait!!! I'm seeing my first TWO boss shows in a couple weeks- Atlanta and Charlotte.