RHCP: Wet sand

red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
edited January 2007 in Other Music
This song is AMAZING. I love it, and it is for sure one of the BEST songs the Chili peppers have ever written. For those of you who have gotten to hear this one live, you are so lucky. I've listened to this song on repeat for like the past hour. Well there is my Sunday morning random ramble... just thought I'd share.
PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I dunno, I don't think it's that great. The end is brilliant, but up until the "you don't form in the wet sand" bit I find it really boring.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • clayton12clayton12 Posts: 335
    def. one of their bests in believe. i got the chance to hear them place this at lollapalooza. one of the only saving graces from their boring live show.
  • PJ-SinPJ-Sin Posts: 348
    I dont mean to ruin the thread, but I havent liked anything they've done since blood sugar sex magic
  • MohabMohab Posts: 310
    I dunno, I don't think it's that great. The end is brilliant, but up until the "you don't form in the wet sand" bit I find it really boring.

Its funny i have the exact opposite opinion. The first verses and chorus are the chilies at their finest, basically reworking the under the bridge sounding like a mature outfit doing what they know, a pretty easy jam to get into. The lyrics someitmes hit the right mood and sound pretty good or at least at Kiedis's standards. The end sounds a bit over worked though, like prog influences coming through flat, and the father daughter part too. The end solo back into the verse is a relief though. A fine moment on Stadium nevertheless, in my opinion.
  • Stadium Arcadium is their best I think in a long time, maybe ever. That is a lot of songs and I like more than 90%, so I think they deserve credit.

So we all got different opinions.

Got tickets to OKC show, which was postponed due to the ice storm. Looking forward to the rescheduled event.
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
  • Great song! And the burst of emotion out of Keidis toward the end is an incredible moment that we don't get to hear too often on their songs.
    <a href="http://www.shawnsmithsinger.com">Shawn Smith</a> / <a href="http://www.thebandbrad.com">Brad</a&gt; / <a href="http://www.allhailthecrown.com">All Hail the Crown</a> / <a href="http://www.satchelpartnership.com">Satchel</a&gt;

(Shawn Smith's official website, but not Thee Shawn Smith)
  • tnt358tnt358 Posts: 72
    red mos wrote:
    This song is AMAZING. I love it, and it is for sure one of the BEST songs the Chili peppers have ever written. For those of you who have gotten to hear this one live, you are so lucky. I've listened to this song on repeat for like the past hour. Well there is my Sunday morning random ramble... just thought I'd share.

i also love this tune

the first night they played in toronto back in september johnny started playing the intro to over the hills and far away and then went into wet sand; needless to say it was f'n awsome
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • this and animal bar were my 2 favorites as soon as i heard them
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • Beauty.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836
    yeah i completely agree, this might be the best chili peppers song ever written, and i'm a big chili peppers fan so it's not really an outside opinion. they keep getting better with age....at least their albums keep getting better
  • their 80's and 90's stuff will never match their new stuff. although hump de bump comes pretty damn close.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    This song, like all of Stadium Arcadium, does nothing for me. I like their newer stuff but I found the album to be horrible. However, since we're on good RHCP songs, "Tear" from By The Way is easily my favorite RHCP song
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    This song, like all of Stadium Arcadium, does nothing for me. I like their newer stuff but I found the album to be horrible. However, since we're on good RHCP songs, "Tear" from By The Way is easily my favorite RHCP song

I like Tear more than most anything on the new record, but I wish it was about 2 minutes shorter. As I do with a good majority of the tunes on Stadium Arcadium. So many times with these guys, the extra verse/chorus is so pointless
    (ie. Snow)
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • I like Wet Sand alot actually...good stuff...Album is good as well but not as good as BSSM..a classic
    Master of Zen
  • FINALLY!!! OMG!!! Wet Sand...easily in my top 5 as far as Red Hot Chili Pepper's songs go...man it's so beautiful. I've really been able to relate to the song a lot lately, and John's guitar work is exceptional!!!

"By the Way" (lol), I'm going to see them in Champaign, IL on March the 3rd. I so hope they bust out "Wet Sand," and even though this could be pushing it, I'd like to hear 'em play "If You Have to Ask" or "Blood Sugar Sex Magik"!!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    FINALLY!!! OMG!!! Wet Sand...easily in my top 5 as far as Red Hot Chili Pepper's songs go...man it's so beautiful. I've really been able to relate to the song a lot lately, and John's guitar work is exceptional!!!

"By the Way" (lol), I'm going to see them in Champaign, IL on March the 3rd. I so hope they bust out "Wet Sand," and even though this could be pushing it, I'd like to hear 'em play "If You Have to Ask" or "Blood Sugar Sex Magik"!!!
    You are in for a GREAT show! I always held back on seeing the chili peppers due to all the hit or miss buzz about them. My friend got us tix from the radio station he works for, and we were both in Fucking awe. Great stuff, and AMAZING collaboration between flea and John. Flea is one of the greatest bass players ever. (I've always thought so), but just always heard bad things about their live shows. I was so IMPRESSED with their live show though. I am getting tickets the next chance I get to see these guys. True the setlists don't vary much but the energy is amazing. I can almost guarantee you will get to hear BSSM, on the others songs I'm not sure.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Wet Sand.. AMAZING
    2004 - 10/1, 10/11
    2005 - 9/15, 9/16, 9/30, 10/1, 10/3
    2006 - 5/5, 5/12, 5/13, 5/27, 5/28, 5/30, 6/1, 6/3, 6/23, 7/22, 7/23, 12/2
    2007 - 6/27, 8/3
    2008 - 6/14, 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/24, 6/25, 6/27, 6/28, 6/30, 7/1
  • bigmuzzbigmuzz Posts: 299
    well, after reading the thread i just had to listen to the song, as ive hardly listened to much of stadium arcadium really (theres just too much of it to get into it in a single sitting)

but yeah, very nice song! not their greatest ever though.
    Sydney Wed 8 Nov 2006....

when all are one and one is all, to be a rock and not to roll.........

see me @ www.myspace.com/bigmuzz

keep on rockin!.......
  • bigmuzzbigmuzz Posts: 299
    HEY, the song after wet sand, is pretty fucken awesome i must say.....

hmm...methinks i shall have to listen to this album more closely

the main songs i really listen to off it are dani california, hump de bump, she's only 18, and slow cheetah (fucking BRILLIANT song!)

i think i should listen to the rest of the album a bit more, eh? haha
    Sydney Wed 8 Nov 2006....

when all are one and one is all, to be a rock and not to roll.........

see me @ www.myspace.com/bigmuzz

keep on rockin!.......
  • To me, it's too similar to Under The Bridge.