Tom Petty in Dallas last night WOW!!

red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
edited August 2006 in Other Music
So, I saw my first Petty show last night, and it was fucking fantastic. Of course one real highlight and big suprise was Stevie Nicks appearing. I knew she was opening for him, but I though Seattle would be her last stop since Trey Anastesio is on board as opening act. Now Granted, Pearl jam is my favorite band EVER and they are still my number 1 live act, but I am just curious, and dumbfounded at how some of the people on this board could rip on Petty so hard, and some even leave without giving him a chance! All I can say is it was a missed opportunity to see two great bands. Petty played it all last night: Listen to her heart, I won't back down, free fallin, running down a dream, Mary janes last dance, dont come around here no more, You don't know how it feels, you wreck me. American girl, I need to know (stevie on lead vocal) Mystic eyes (van Morrison) Oh well (Fleetwood mac) I'm a man (the yardbirds), HANDLE WITH CARE (Traveling Wilburys) and more. The show was amazing. Mike cambell completely shreads on slide guitar. I think it would have been awesome to see pearl jam and Tom petty together, especially now that I know how great Tom is live. I just thought I'd share, and give Mr. Petty some credit where credit is due, and give him a positive review because I simply cannot even think of how those negative reviews can even be looked at on here Pure Blasphemy!!. Wow!! Such an amazing show
Trey was pretty good even though I didn't really get to heavy into that whole college radio jam band scene. It was nice to hear some farmhouse tunes though.
PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bluemonkeybluemonkey Posts: 198
    i fucking love petty,and am seriously jealous that you got to see him with stevie nicks....my brother is going to see him soon.wish i were going too.
  • pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    I saw petty for the first time last summer and the man has earned a spot in the top five for me. His live shows are amazing and mike campbell doesn't get nearly enough credit for his guitar work. I saw the pj/petty show in milwaukee and it was the most fun i've ever had at a concert in my life. I'm going to see him again in sept. and I highly suggest that anyone who's never been to one of his shows attend if possible. Pure american rock and roll.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Thanks for the reviews guys. I'm with ya. Petty is among one of my top live acts now too. You guys are right as well saying Mike Campbell doesn't get enough credit for his guitar playing. He just tore it up on guitar all night long. His solo during running down a dream was out of this world! Now, I'm gonna have to see if I can cough up the dough to go see them at Austin City Limits in September.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12