Options

A few questions regarding AIC unplugged

red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
edited May 2006 in Other Music
on the dvd, I noticed that Layne starts sing sludge factory, and screws up and they start over, but where did he screw up? It doesn't make sense that he would yell Fuck and start over it sounded fine.
Didn't Metallica actually make an appearence on their unplugged, cause they aren't on the dvd, just asking for clarification.
and poor layne, he looks really sick and out of it... but regardless the AIC songs came off wonderful accoustically. I know some of these questions are dumb, but for some reason the mtv version seems a tad different than the dvd.
Thanks all.
PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    EnigmaEnigma Posts: 59
    As far as I know, Metallica did indeed attend the event. I don't have the DVD, but in between songs on the CD, the band plays the riff to "Enter Sandman". Also, I recall that Inez wrote on his guitar something to the effect of "friends don't let friends cut their hair". This was in reference to Metallica recently cutting theirs.

I enjoy the CD quite a bit, but am I the only one that is slightly irritated by Cantrell's guitar buzz?
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Enigma wrote:
    As far as I know, Metallica did indeed attend the event. I don't have the DVD, but in between songs on the CD, the band plays the riff to "Enter Sandman". Also, I recall that Inez wrote on his guitar something to the effect of "friends don't let friends cut their hair". This was in reference to Metallica recently cutting theirs.

I enjoy the CD quite a bit, but am I the only one that is slightly irritated by Cantrell's guitar buzz?
    It was "Friends don't let friends get "Friends" haircuts." The friends in " " is in reference to that horrible sit-com that NBC unleashed back in the 1990s. Metallica had just gotten their new look for the "Load" LP.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    DeadermanDeaderman Posts: 49
    red mos wrote:
    on the dvd, I noticed that Layne starts sing sludge factory, and screws up and they start over, but where did he screw up? It doesn't make sense that he would yell Fuck and start over it sounded fine.
    Didn't Metallica actually make an appearence on their unplugged, cause they aren't on the dvd, just asking for clarification.
    and poor layne, he looks really sick and out of it... but regardless the AIC songs came off wonderful accoustically. I know some of these questions are dumb, but for some reason the mtv version seems a tad different than the dvd.
    Thanks all.

It's because he acutally sang the second verse instead of the first...something like that.
    Power without Perception is virtually useless and therefore of no true value
  • Options
    Hey man, Layne sang the second verse first. Although Ive read that many of the songs from Unplugged were performed more than once, and Layne struggled with Sludge Factory the most. You'll notice in the DVD diffrent angles with Layne with/without glasses. Interesting tidbits. As far as Metallica yes they were there, and Jerry Cantrell mentions theyre being there as a major incident in the musicbox song book that came with the Music Box set.