Foo fighters skin and bones dvd question

red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
edited November 2006 in Other Music
Hey Guys,

I got the skin and Bones dvd last night and an awesome dvd it is! One question though, I thought they were supposed to release it as a double dvd with like a rock disc from Hyde Park or something as well as an accoustic set? I lost my password over on their forum, and haven't beenable to get the email to reset the password, but figured some foo fans here would know just as well. If I just stupidly misinformed myself with the fact it was supposed to be a double dvd release, I apologize.

Thanks so much as always, you guys rock!
PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• red mos wrote:
    Hey Guys,

I got the skin and Bones dvd last night and an awesome dvd it is! One question though, I thought they were supposed to release it as a double dvd with like a rock disc from Hyde Park or something as well as an accoustic set? I lost my password over on their forum, and haven't beenable to get the email to reset the password, but figured some foo fans here would know just as well. If I just stupidly misinformed myself with the fact it was supposed to be a double dvd release, I apologize.

Thanks so much as always, you guys rock!

I just asked my roommate, he's a big Foo fan, and he said the double DVD is only available in the UK. Yes, how gay.
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    mwachsman wrote:
    I just asked my roommate, he's a big Foo fan, and he said the double DVD is only available in the UK. Yes, how gay.
    Thanks for the help. Only avaliable in the UK that's dumb. I was really looking forward to seeing that disc (and the accustic one too). I guess I can't order it online, cause the dvd would have different region code probably. This pisses me off, but thanks for the info, I really appreciate it. Seems like you agree with me on dissapointment with this.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • aren't they bigger here in the states than in the UK? it doesn't make sense to screw the fans of the nation you're from. i would definitely want both discs, and probably wouldn't buy it with only the acoustic one. i mean i like the skin & bones cd, and would like to see the show, but i've never seen the foo fighters live and would want the whole picture, you know?
  • As stated, it's UK only - PAL region 2..from Amazon UK:

DVD Description

DVD: Skin And Bones (Live in Hollywood) 1. Intro 2. Razor 3. Over And Out 4. On The Mend 5. Walking After You 6. Still 7. Marigold 8. My Hero 9. Next Year 10. Another Round 11. See You 12. Cold Day In The Sun 13. Big Me 14. What If I Do 15. Skin And Bones 16. Ain’t It The Life 17. February Stars 18. Times Like These 19. Friend Of A Friend 20. Best Of You 21. Everlong

DVD: Live in Hyde Park 1. In Your Honour 2. All My Life 3. Best Of You 4. Times Like These 5. Learn To Fly 6. Breakout 7. Shake Your Blood 8. Stacked Actors 9. My Hero 10. Generator 11. DOA 12. Monkey Wrench 13. Tie Your Mother Down 14. Everlong

Synopsis
    Features two gigs by the Foo Fighters. The Foo Fighters perform live in Hollywood and London's Hyde Park, where they are joined by Brian May and Roger Taylor of Queen and Lemmy of Motorhead. The Hollywood show features 21 songs including 'Big Me', 'My Hero', and 'Everlong' while the Hyde Park show features 14 songs including 'Monkey Wrench', 'All My Life', and 'Breakout'.

EDIT - According to Amazon's US site, the Hyde Park show is set to be released on its own on DECEMBER 5! But I think it's been pushed back
    <a href="http://www.shawnsmithsinger.com">Shawn Smith</a> / <a href="http://www.thebandbrad.com">Brad</a&gt; / <a href="http://www.allhailthecrown.com">All Hail the Crown</a> / <a href="http://www.satchelpartnership.com">Satchel</a&gt;

(Shawn Smith's official website, but not Thee Shawn Smith)
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    A quick note: Although Amazon states this is Region 2 I can confirm it is Region 0, as are all UK music DVD releases, so this will play on any DVD player. So if anyone wants to import this dvd, say from America, you can play it on your Region 1 player providing that your TV can handle the PAL TV signal.

This double DVD is region 0, means you americans can buy the UK version rather than buying both releases seperate, all music DVD's released over here these days are this format.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.