Stadium Arcadium... wow, I'm impressed!

red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
edited December 2006 in Other Music
Ok, I know I'm gonna get reemed, but I have to say even though RHCP have a BUNCH of great songs I've never been crazy about their albums as a whole. I thought most of their albums except for the radio hits and a few obscure ones were pretty dissapointing on the whole. Finally decided to give Stadium Arcadium a listen fully (I just broke down and bought it :o) and I have to say I'm Fucking impressed :) There are a few songs I don't like, but overall the songs are catchy and the album has a really nice flow with the way the songs are arranged. Flea has some pretty catchy and grooving bass lines on this album. I think slow cheetah would make a spectacular radio single. Well weather you agree with me or blast me, just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. For once I can listen to a full chili peppers record without overall dissapointment.
PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• yeah, i;m not the biggest chili pepper fan either, but i definitely agree with you on the "flow" of the album. even though its not one of my personal faves, its a good album.

frusciante is killer throughout.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • edigerediger Posts: 308
    yeah, i;m not the biggest chili pepper fan either, but i definitely agree with you on the "flow" of the album. even though its not one of my personal faves, its a good album.

frusciante is killer throughout.

best guitar work I've heard on an album in many many years
    Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name?
  • Well...looks like I'm going to spoil the fun. Stadium Arcadium doesn't impress me in the least. Such a boring album. I can only take so much of Chad's beats...cause they are all the fucking same in EVERY god damn RHCP song. Bum Bum Cha. Bum Bum Cha. Boring. Plus Kedis' choice of vocal melodies are really lacking. I'm pretty sure he forgot how to sing for the record. Lastly, the "harder" songs just aren't agressive enough. It just lacks emotion overall, in my humble opinion.
  • I honestly think if Chad was honest with himself, he'd say he was bored by their songs. A great drummer like him does not really play drums as blandly as that by choice.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • edigerediger Posts: 308
    I honestly think if Chad was honest with himself, he'd say he was bored by their songs. A great drummer like him does not really play drums as blandly as that by choice.

Their live jams show off his drumming much better
    Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name?
  • Buy 'Blood Sugar Sex Magik', the best album they made.

Also good are 'Californiacation' and 'By The Way'
    And what about 'Soul to Squeeze', only on the 'Greatest Hits' album but a fuckin' great song!
  • "Dani California" sucks ass.

"Tell Me Baby" is kind of sucky but not terrible..

The rest of the album is fucking gold.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • I think that RHCP are fun but not more. Their songs never have a deeper meaning, Kedi's lyrics are the most of the time non-sense. And when I look at all these magazines which rate RHCP as a great band, it sucks! Seeing Stadium arcadium with better critics as Pearl jam's avocado is just ridiculous.
    I used to like them a time but the day I saw the clip to Dani California it was over, sorry but seeing Kedi's disguise as Cobain isn't a tribute it is ridiculous. The songs all sound the same on the lasts albums. They could be great musicians but it seemed that they don't want to change their direction, seem that they found a way to sell a lot of cd's without having a lot of inspiration.
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
  • tnt358tnt358 Posts: 72
    To each their own, i respect the fact that some of you shit on the peppers but i love em.

They are wicked musicians and anthony has some beautiful lyrics;
    some of you need to get past the radio singles and actually listen to the albums before you say anthony has meaningless lyrics, just listen to the whole by the way album and see if you feel the same way after listening to it.

On the whole topic of "they suck live" i must disagree. They put on one hell of a show. I do admit though that anthony doesn't have the greates voice but john's guitar work live alone makes up for any shortfalls of the concert.

My only complaint about the live peppers is the fact that they only play for close to 2 hours but not everybody can be as fucking awsome as pearl jam.

anyways i love stadium arcadium; along with avocado one of my top five albums of the year
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    Ive really gone off the chili peppers, used to be one of my favouite bands but i cant be bothered with them at all now, quite sad actually. Stadium Arcadium was really bad in my opinion, theyve just got so boring. Thought there were a few good songs on by the way and a few on californiacation but i dont hold them up as high as i used to.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Stadium Arcadium is a great album. Great songwriting, great guitar work. I feel disc 1 is stronger then disc 2. Also Id like to add its by far 1 of the best albuums of the year.
  • bigmuzzbigmuzz Posts: 299
    i agree with the comment about slow cheetah......thats my fave song off the album. has been since i first heard it!

as for the album, it has its moments...ive never really listened to it the whole way through in one sitting. it has some great tracks on it but it can get a bit repetitive. but that was always gonna happen with 2 disks/28 songs....

that said, theyll never top BSSM.....one of my fave albums ever! THAT album i can listen to the whole way thru :)
    Sydney Wed 8 Nov 2006....

when all are one and one is all, to be a rock and not to roll.........

see me @ www.myspace.com/bigmuzz

keep on rockin!.......
  • Stadium Arcadium is a great album. It took me a while to like the second disk, but now I love it.

Wet Sand is another amazing song in this set.
    NERDS!
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    hate that album...waaaaaaaaaaaayyy to long and boring zzzzzzzzzzzz
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • It's a good album, but it does get very repetitive as it goes along, although the stand-out tracks rank amongst my favourite from their entire catalogue. I haven't seen much love expressed for the track 'Especially in Michigan'. Am I alone in thinking its one of the best songs on the album?
    "A toast....to Canadian born Neil Young!!!" - Eddie Vedder

CANADIAN AND PROUD OF IT!!!!!!
  • tnt358tnt358 Posts: 72
    It's a good album, but it does get very repetitive as it goes along, although the stand-out tracks rank amongst my favourite from their entire catalogue. I haven't seen much love expressed for the track 'Especially in Michigan'. Am I alone in thinking its one of the best songs on the album?

No you are not, its one of my fav tunes of the album
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    i can't stand it.. i tried many times and can't make it the entire way through.. but at different times i have heard all the songs.. the worst chili peppers album but far.
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • the best chili peppers album ever. fucking GOLD.
    no son personas, son mujeres
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    I can't listen to RHCP anymore !
    They should change the singer !
    I can't hear Kiedis' voice anymore... That's a pity because Flea and Frusciante are so good musicians... But the 3 or 4 last albums are all the same.
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm