Options

Kudos: YOU helped raise $29,178.00 so far in 2008!

2»

Comments

• Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    We can get over $50,000.... who wants to organize a preparty and pick a cause?

edit......
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    We can get over $50,000.... who wants to organize a show and pick a cause?

I'll organize the show. Berbati's Pan September 5th. $250 tickets. Let's do this!
    NERDS!
  • Options
    WOW, that is AMAZING! Congrats to everyone who works hard to put these shows on. I know it's a lot of work, I've only helped in a few-- so I cannot imagine actually setting them up!

But when they come to Sacramento, I WILL SO ORGANIZE this one and break records! ;) I'll organize it and put the Monkey to do all the work! Yeah, that works!!

Seriously, thanks to everyone especially to you Laura and Mr. Awesome!!! Good job guys!
    EvilClosetMonkey is my hero, he is AWESOME!!!!!!
  • Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    what an awesome group of people! Cheers!!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    this is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this should be stickied... as a reminder that there is more to us than complaining :)

i wish i could have helped out or contributed more...

but huge props and thanks to everyone who did :)

and laura, amazing job as always :)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812
    WOW, that is AMAZING! Congrats to everyone who works hard to put these shows on. I know it's a lot of work, I've only helped in a few-- so I cannot imagine actually setting them up!

But when they come to Sacramento, I WILL SO ORGANIZE this one and break records! ;) I'll organize it and put the Monkey to do all the work! Yeah, that works!!

Seriously, thanks to everyone especially to you Laura and Mr. Awesome!!! Good job guys!

yeah he definitely needs to be put to work! :whipcrack: Dance, monkey, dance!!! :eek:
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    I would still like 10c to step up and donate some tix for each event, no strings attached. 1 pair for each fundraiser. That would raise some loot!

Most of the 10c members I know would be OK with taking 2 off the top for a good cause. It isn't like every ticket is going to 10c members. We see our share of friends of the band,vips,celebs,ect.... so what the Hell, this is a much better cause and it is being done by 10c members.

What do you say Tim? Run it by the boys!
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Options
    Dirty TomDirty Tom Posts: 883
    Just wanted to thank all involved.....Laura, Jeanette, Erik and all the others. I had an absolute blast at all the pre-parties i've attended. Can't wait to party it up at Chicago.

Special thanks to the Ed Vedder "look-a-like" at the the 2nd MSG party.
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

• Options
    stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    We did a awesome job.Thank You Laura.You Rule!! We rasied $3,052.00 for Huntington's Disease.I hope someone will carry the torch and do a E.V. Preparty/Fundraiser for Huntington's Disease.It is really important to me.I have met so many great people.I am doing a walk for Huntington's Disease in Sept. Check it out. You can also donate if you can not make it.http://www.firstgiving.com/hdwalkorl2008
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    This is cool....well done for arranging great days/nights :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    whichwaysignwhichwaysign Posts: 229
    These meet-ups/fundraisers are truly the coolest, most organic thing to ever come together because of our love for the music.

I really think the Hartford fundraiser raised the most because so many of us were following the band and were stuck in Hartford with nothing else to do. Please don't take this as a negative statement. I think it's more of an indictment about how many fans were following the band up the east coast. It's easy to find stuff to do in Washington, Philly, New York, and Boston. But Hartford? It only felt comfortable when I was around my fellow Jammers
    'I'm like an opening band for the sun'
  • Options
    Almost $38,000? - that is absolutely incredible!

Well done to everyone at involved at Wishlist and Laura in particular - you guys do an amazing job!

It's an inspiration to see PJ fans coming together and raising so much money for so many charities!

Wishlist rocks (makes devil horns with hands)!
  • Options
    JammerJammer Posts: 85
    bump
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    VANCOUVER FUNDRAISER REPRESENT!

nice going everyone. this is great and the year is only have over!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    cd21millercd21miller Columbia, MO Posts: 302
    These meet-ups/fundraisers are truly the coolest, most organic thing to ever come together because of our love for the music.

I really think the Hartford fundraiser raised the most because so many of us were following the band and were stuck in Hartford with nothing else to do. Please don't take this as a negative statement. I think it's more of an indictment about how many fans were following the band up the east coast. It's easy to find stuff to do in Washington, Philly, New York, and Boston. But Hartford? It only felt comfortable when I was around my fellow Jammers

agreed on both accounts. i knew hartford was the only one i could definitely attend and really enjoyed the pre-party and doing something good with good people all around.

great job to all involved.

made for a great night and hopefully a better future for a lot of other people who couldn't be there to party with us, but certainly needed aid.

just another great reason for a big ol' 2009 tour across the US! (midwest and the south need some attention, i do believe.)
  • Options
    Help raise even more money for the various charities listed in the first post by visiting our Gift Gallery and donating to receive t-shirts, mouse pads, and more!
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    Awesome! It was great to help you all out in Camden.

Thanks to everyone who donated/participated.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,303
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Help raise even more money for the various charities listed in the first post by visiting our Gift Gallery and donating to receive t-shirts, mouse pads, and more!

will do thanks ...julio here :D
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    will do thanks ...julio here :D

It's Luis... Luis my dearest!!! :o

You are now crowned luisevolution! :D:D:D
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Good work my fellow Jam friends!
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    yeah he definitely needs to be put to work! :whipcrack: Dance, monkey, dance!!! :eek:

Is his dancing better than his singing?!?! :D
    EvilClosetMonkey is my hero, he is AWESOME!!!!!!
  • Options
    rtwilli4rtwilli4 Posts: 261
    Am I stupid or is VA Beach not on that list? Are you telling me that one of the two shows I picked didn't raise any money? It better not have gone to Verizon, those fuckers.
  • Options
    rtwilli4 wrote:
    Am I stupid or is VA Beach not on that list? Are you telling me that one of the two shows I picked didn't raise any money? It better not have gone to Verizon, those fuckers.

Nope, sadly no one attending the VA Beach show stepped up to organize a fundraiser, so none actually happened. Though I do think there was a small meet-up? No biggie.. lots of money was raised regardless :)
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    Is his dancing better than his singing?!?! :D

One can only hope...
    My Heart Will Go On anyone?
    :)
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • Options
    One can only hope...
    My Heart Will Go On anyone?
    :)

sweet jeebus, he is the consummate white-boy dancer. It's painful!

For anyone who missed it the first time around: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siaIuRJCUR4 :eek:
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    sweet jeebus, he is the consummate white-boy dancer. It's painful!

For anyone who missed it the first time around: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siaIuRJCUR4 :eek:

Why did I just click on that link? I saw it live. (I should add that to the list of rarities I've heard live...haha) I really didn't need to hear it again..but at the same time, I did. Because it makes me laugh every time. :)
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • Options
    Why did I just click on that link? I saw it live. (I should add that to the list of rarities I've heard live...haha) I really didn't need to hear it again..but at the same time, I did. Because it makes me laugh every time. :)

It's like a car accident - you can't resist a peek!

Maybe we should have a thing where people donate money to NOT hear him sing!
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥