so what did you think of the police? (spoiler alert)

red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
edited February 2007 in Other Music
not bad! Kind of a weird tempo and out of key singing during the middle though. Copeland tore it up, that was bad ass drumming! :D
PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    copeland is fucking awsome
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    I was expecting a little more. It was great to see the on the same stage again but what the fuck was that echo thing Sting was doing. I might just be really high, but every time I looked at Sting I just kept seeing the judge from Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    What did they play? Out here on the west coast.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Damn it!!! I missed it!!!! :(
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    they played roxanne

Gracias, metsy. And yes Stewart is fucking awesome!
  • GRIMMYGRIMMY Posts: 370
    Def. bad ass drumming.... Is it just me or is anyone else back and fourth watching the Grammys and Office space on C.C.?
    grimmy
    cutback wrote:
    Gracias, metsy. And yes Stewart is fucking awesome!
    welcome, id go see the police just to see copeland

• Sting sounded great, its cool to see he still has amazing vocal power after all of these years performing
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    call me greedy.

i expected a melody of greatest hits.

once again sting shows its his way, or the highway.

i now only fear dropping huge ammounts of cash ( that i really dont have ) ( probably rolling stones ticket prices, too )

for a tour of totally rearranged police tunes that are 20 years old .

what the hell in gods sake was that roxanne drawn from ?

i dunno,...

i was so so excitied to hear them but after it all , imo, sting teased us .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    call me greedy.

i expected a melody of greatest hits.

once again sting shows its his way, or the highway.

i now only fear dropping huge ammounts of cash ( that i really dont have ) ( probably rolling stones ticket prices, too )

for a tour of totally rearranged police tunes that are 20 years old .

what the hell in gods sake was that roxanne drawn from ?

i dunno,...

i was so so excited to hear them but after it all , imo, sting teased us .

Don't give up hope. If they had come out and played "Canary in a Coalmine" people would have been a little confused. They had to play either Roxanne, EBYT or MIB. I'll pass judgment after the press conference tomorrow.
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Is this on TV or something? Wat am I missing? I'd love to set the DVR to record it.
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Is this on TV or something? Wat am I missing? I'd love to set the DVR to record it.

Hey ANIMAL, :D
    Always good to hear from ya!

Yeah, the Police opened the grammys tonight and went on at 7:00pm my time (I'm in Texas). I'm not sure what time it is up in WA?
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
    aNiMaL wrote:

The Grammy's tonight at 8 on CBS. It's already aired in the east.
    Believe me metsy, they were a great band to see........Summers is no hack....and Sting can actually play the bass.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    http://www.vh1.com/artists/rock_on_tv/show_info.jhtml?type=series&motvId=rotv%3As122595&days=&startdoc=1

The Police Press Conference
    (VH1C) VH1 Classic
    Monday - February 12, 2007
    2/1c PM

Live press conference with The Police from The Whisky A Go-Go in Los Angeles. VH1 Radio Network will simulcast the VH1 Classic telecast of the news conference. Members including Sting, Stewart Copeland and Andy Summers are scheduled to announce details on their long-rumored summer reunion tour. VH1 Classic will air the entire one-hour news conference which will also feature the band's exclusive live rehearsal.
  • thought it was pretty lame and i wouldnt spend more than $25 to see them live.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
    thought it was pretty lame and i wouldnt spend more than $25 to see them live.
    I probably paid less than that to see them....................in 1982!!!!
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272

Totally. I want to see the Police mainly because of Copeland. He's fucking outstanding.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    red mos wrote:
    Hey ANIMAL, :D
    Always good to hear from ya!

Yeah, the Police opened the grammys tonight and went on at 7:00pm my time (I'm in Texas). I'm not sure what time it is up in WA?
    Awww...I missed it. :o