The who tour opening act

red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
edited March 2007 in Other Music
Just curious who the opening band is on this leg of the tour through March as I can't find an opener listed?

Thanks for the help.. It's greatly appreciated.
PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Sawyer wrote:
    the tragically hip...i will be there tomorrow
    That's cool. Thanks for the info! :D I've heard very good things about the tragically hip and they seem to have a loyal following on this board. I'll be seeing them in Oklahoma city on March 23rd. I saw the who back in November with the Pretenders in Dallas and it's an amazing show. I'm gonna check out some tragically hip right now. Thanks again.
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    Sawyer wrote:
    the tragically hip...i will be there tomorrow

looks like i am missing the indy show. at least i saw them in december. have fun !
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,034
    I think Rose Hill Drive is opening some shows for them as well. They are a really unknown band (I saw them open for the Drive By Truckers last year and lets face it that is a far cry from the who as far as venue size and fanbase size), but Pete seems to like them for some reason, I think they were on that webcast thing that he does.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    they are on my myspace, rose hill. i like them ok.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
    Maybe rose hill drive is the opener, cause I checked the Tragically hips website and they are booked for a show in aneheim, CA at the house of blues On March 23rd. Thanks to those that said to have fun, my friends that are going with me are die hard who fans like we are with pj so I am just glad I get to see the who again. They put on an awesome show.., even if pete and roger are the only original members. Hopefully Rabbit is back with them now playing keyboards. He was out because his wife was really sick during the Texas shows and probably several others.
    I think Rose Hill Drive is opening some shows for them as well. They are a really unknown band (I saw them open for the Drive By Truckers last year and lets face it that is a far cry from the who as far as venue size and fanbase size), but Pete seems to like them for some reason, I think they were on that webcast thing that he does.
    Rose hill Drive is the opener for Oklahoma City. I just got on their website and they are listed as supporting the who for shows through March. Thanks for the help. :D I'm gonna have to check out some of the music in the next couple of days.
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    red mos wrote:
    Maybe rose hill drive is the opener, cause I checked the Tragically hips website and they are booked for a show in aneheim, CA at the house of blues On March 23rd. Thanks to those that said to have fun, my friends that are going with me are die hard who fans like we are with pj so I am just glad I get to see the who again. They put on an awesome show.., even if pete and roger are the only original members. Hopefully Rabbit is back with them now playing keyboards. He was out because his wife was really sick during the Texas shows and probably several others.
    I met a bunch of Who fans last night at Pete's acoustic gig... they are pretty rabid about it. Which is great. I probably met some of your friends if they were there.
    Oh... and the guy that filled in for Rabbit... he put a dent in Ben Harper's car with his Chevelle.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • The VacantThe Vacant Posts: 271
    red mos wrote:
    Rose hill Drive is the opener for Oklahoma City. I just got on their website and they are listed as supporting the who for shows through March. Thanks for the help. :D I'm gonna have to check out some of the music in the next couple of days.

You can find a bunch of live Rose Hill Drive recordings over at http://www.archive.org.
  • BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    In Boston it was some band called Peeping Tom. They were pretty bad but I felt bad for them, everyone was booing. The singer said something like "one more song" and everyone cheered so he said "i knew SOMETHING would make you happy, Boston"
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    In Boston it was some band called Peeping Tom. They were pretty bad but I felt bad for them, everyone was booing. The singer said something like "one more song" and everyone cheered so he said "i knew SOMETHING would make you happy, Boston"

Peeping Tom is one of Mike Patton's (the singer from Faith No More) many musical projects. An odd choice of support for the who!