Looks like Seether covered River of Deceit

red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
edited March 2007 in Other Music
Just saw it on a rock radio station "now playing" list for the buzz in Houston. I wonder how it sounds?
PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• gross................
  • IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    Go take a dump and flush the toilet..that's probably how it sounds.

I hate these grunge wannabe bands and wish they would just fucking go away.

Love the original song by the way. This Seether dude with his fake grunge posturing could never do it justice. Until a good band covers it, I'll pass.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Igottago wrote:
    Go take a dump and flush the toilet..that's probably how it sounds.

I hate these grunge wannabe bands and wish they would just fucking go away.

Love the original song by the way. This Seether dude with his fake grunge posturing could never do it justice. Until a good band covers it, I'll pass.

Pearl Jam needs to play it.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    jesus fucking christ.. here we go again

"_____ is not worthy to cover this song..." get off your high horses. dont you think fans of bands PJ cover say the same thing? they're simply paying homage to songs that influenced them or mean something to them.
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • stateoflove79stateoflove79 Posts: 2,845
    oppie1 wrote:

"_____ is not worthy to cover this song..." get off your high horses. dont you think fans of bands PJ cover say the same thing? they're simply paying homage to songs that influenced them or mean something to them.

Well said.
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • oppie1 wrote:

That's a very good point. I'm sure those fans would say the exact same thing about PJ as well. Not that I agree with those views.
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    regardless of how it sounds, at least they have taste
    Brian
  • NCBRI wrote:
    regardless of how it sounds, at least they have taste

Agreed.
  • JellyrollsJellyrolls Posts: 523
    It's kind of like Staind writing that song "Layne" in dedication of the great one. You might not like the band, but you have to respect them for writing a song like that to be put on their album
  • Jellyrolls wrote:
    It's kind of like Staind writing that song "Layne" in dedication of the great one. You might not like the band, but you have to respect them for writing a song like that to be put on their album

I like Staind. One of the very few on here I believe.
  • stateoflove79stateoflove79 Posts: 2,845
    I like Staind. One of the very few on here I believe.

I like Staind alot, too. :)
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    I'm not a staind fan but i did hear a live version of him covering comfortably numb by floyd; actually sounded pretty good.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • releesemereleeseme Posts: 387
    oppie1 wrote:

That is so true. Shaun Morgan is a huge PJ fan and who can say what he can or cannot cover. The cover they did of Immortality is awesome. I am sure River of Deciet is pretty good as well. I saw them cover You Know You're Right, and it was fuckin great!
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    http://kisw.com/pages/234708.php

Go down about 1/3 down the page to the 5/29/06 interview and you should see it. There is a direct link to the song. It's an accoustic version that Shaun played by himself during the interview. He's no Layne but it's still pretty cool. Gets played all the time in Houston.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    It really isn't that bad at all, and if it makes other people check out the original then that's cool. It really is such a beautiful song.
  • oppie1 wrote:

Bravo.
    "Strangers passing in the street, by chance two seperate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    its much better than I thought it would be. I'm not a huge fan of the way he his voice is a blatant rip-off of Kurt and Layne (ain't he south african? ;)) but it is considerably better than the filth that Staind have put out as covers (AIC's Nutshell, Tool's Sober). and don't get me started on their tribute song to Layne. you'd think they'd have the decency to at least reserve their best song for him. its an insult.

anyway, bravo to seether for a good cover.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"