so, a friend sent me a Tragically hip cd as a suprise...

red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
edited March 2007 in Other Music
wow, this band is very good. I'm really enjoying this, now I know why they have such a loyal following here. The discs he sent is yer Favorites which is probably a greatest hits. Good stuff! :D
PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• stateoflove79stateoflove79 Posts: 2,845
    red mos wrote:
    wow, this band is very good. I'm really enjoying this, now I know why they have such a loyal following here. The discs he sent is yer Favorites which is probably a greatest hits. Good stuff! :D

I got into the Hip almost by accident, too...I am really glad I did!!!

They are a real quality band.
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    *as i stroll in here with the hip playing on my winamp*

glad you like them, hope you'll explore more of their stuff
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    Hello, and welcome! You've just discovered one of the best bands on the planet. "Yer Favourites" is a fantastic collection and the perfect place to start if you're just getting into them. For more fun, discussion, recent setlists and other cool Tragically Hip stuff, feel free to drop by the following thread and say hello:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=159044&page=91
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits