Options

The New Mudhoney Kicks Ass

skipshotskipshot Posts: 33
edited March 2006 in Other Music
I don't really care if this is Pearl Jam related or not, because this is something everybody needs to know. The new Mudhoney album kicks so much ass...buy it...crank it to 11...tell all of your friends...that is all...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,753
    skipshot wrote:
    I don't really care if this is Pearl Jam related or not...

well, i'm glad you're the new owner of the board. the old guy was such a jerk, he was selfish and always posted non-PJ stuff on the Porch.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    Whether this is off-topic or not (should be in the other music section), I'm all over this! Gonna pick it up tomorrow. I love Mudhoney!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come...."
  • Options
    skipshotskipshot Posts: 33
    PJammin' wrote:
    well, i'm glad you're the new owner of the board. the old guy was such a jerk, he was selfish and always posted non-PJ stuff on the Porch.

You sir, are not a nice man. When you're driving down the highway, do you merge into the left hand lane and slam on your break lights to stop those "naughty" speeders from breaking the speed limit? I'm so very sorry to have broken the rules, officer. Please don't report me to the board police.

(I realize this should be in the "Other Music" section, I was just hoping as many people would see this as possible before it was moved, and get a heads up on how great the new Mudhoney disc is...it really is great. It's like listening to an old-school "grunge" album, Big Muff pedals all over the place, heavy as shit rhythm guitar riffs...reminds me of the early Sub-Pop stuff.)
  • Options
    It does kick major ass!!! I have listened to it over 15 times now- also, the 8 track bonus disk from sub pop is equally as good as the album- They really nailed the psychedelic punk on this one!!!

8/25/00NY, 9/1/00NJ, 4/30/03NY, 7/2&3/03MSG, 7/14/03NJ, 10/13/04 EdW/Boss, 9/24&25/05 St Johns, 5/13/06CT, 5/27&28/06NJ, 6/1/06NJ, 6/3/06NJ, 6/24/06 OH, 7/15-16/06CA, Lolla07, DC, MSGx2, MA1, ED SOLO NYC1&2!
  • Options
    skipshot wrote:
    (I realize this should be in the "Other Music" section, I was just hoping as many people would see this as possible before it was moved, and get a heads up on how great the new Mudhoney disc is...it really is great.)

i'm sorry. *looks other way* proceed. :)
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    Pjammins mega-nice. :D

I knew this thread would have more posts about it being in the wrong forum than comments on mudhoney. If you didnt say you did it on purpose you might have got a better response.
    ...The Moon is Rollin' Round....
  • Options
    Murder wrote:
    Pjammins mega-nice. :D

I knew this thread would have more posts about it being in the wrong forum than comments on mudhoney. If you didnt say you did it on purpose you might have got a better response.

awww...thanks, Murder. this is the only time i agree with Murder. :D

NOW...HOW 'BOUT THAT NEW MUDHONEY! JUST SPREADIN' THE WORD HERE FIRST!
  • Options
    iluvslashiluvslash Posts: 121
    MUDHONEY ROCK!!! I shall get their new album tommorow!!
    With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothing done!
  • Options
    psycosmicpsycosmic Posts: 504
    "blindspots" is my current favourite on that album...
    ~~~
    Some days you wake up and sit on a park bench next to an eighty year old Russian architect, and some days you don't. I think this is my new life philosophy.

http://epplehausradio.blogspot.com/

pearl jam @ the astoria, london, 20/04/06
  • Options
    mariposamariposa Posts: 2,523
    *bump for Mudhoney love*

And the guys did it again, it's a very solid album! I'm also loving Blindspots, the horn section at end kicks! Love it. :D
    "All the strength that you might think would disappear, resolving..."
  • Options
    greenmindgreenmind Posts: 34
    its great... like the first and last songs most right now...

maybe not up to the phenomenal level of their last two LPs, but their records tend to grow, so i'll see....
    take a teenage riot to get me outta bed right now...