Openers for Stone Temple Pilots?

vedhead011vedhead011 Posts: 300
edited May 2008 in Other Music
Just got off the phone with Charter One Pavilion in Chicago and they said "It only says 'Marching Band' going on at 8pm".

Any word on who is opening, not just tonight but all tour? Is there a band called "Marching Band"?
AskPearlJam: PearlJama101-guest says: Who's idea was it for Eddie to play banjo on "Soon Forget"?
Eddie: I don't know whose idea it was but it was turned down.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• stevieraveonstevieraveon Posts: 413
    Was wondering same thing..I'm going to the show tonight too...hope it's not too cold by the lake.
    Bob Loblaw's Law Blog: "Why should YOU go to jail for a crime someone else noticed?"
  • vedhead011vedhead011 Posts: 300
    Was wondering same thing..I'm going to the show tonight too...hope it's not too cold by the lake.

Bundle up! 40's and cooler by the lake!
    AskPearlJam: PearlJama101-guest says: Who's idea was it for Eddie to play banjo on "Soon Forget"?
  • jwillmojwillmo Posts: 470
    I know for the Texas shows it's Black Francis aka Frank Black aka Charles Thompson aka Fatty McBald aka Pixies singer guy.

Don't know for how many shows, though.
  • yieldtomeyieldtome Posts: 67
    Ashes Divide, Billy Howerdel's new band opened their first solo show the other night.
  • canuck_rockercanuck_rocker Posts: 108
    BRMC is doing Vancouver I can't wait!

I thought I heard their name being mentioned for a couple of other shows.. maybe Chicago too?

Did you check out http://www.stonetemplepilots.com?
    Vancouver 9/2/05
    Gorge 7/23/06
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    jwillmo wrote:
    I know for the Texas shows it's Black Francis aka Frank Black aka Charles Thompson aka Fatty McBald aka Pixies singer guy.

Don't know for how many shows, though.

how about aka one of the most talented and compelling swongwriters/performers of a generation
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
    Brainofdz wrote:
    how about aka one of the most talented and compelling swongwriters/performers of a generation
    Agreed. That one was a little lengthy for my prose scheme, but true nonetheless.

SVN FNGRS is one badass EP. I'll be in the pit at San Antonio for STP, hope there are some other Frank Black fans there.
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    Chevelle and Saliva along with Ashes Divide are opening for them here in St. Louis

I CANT STAND SALIVA!!!!
  • FunkdogFunkdog Posts: 85
    black rebel motorcycle club opens for 'em in Berkeley, giddie up! I'm pumped because I love BRMC and didn't get to see them when they played at the fillmore in SF, but now I get to see them open for STP. Should be bad arse yo!
    "Trying is the first step towards failure" - H.J.S.

"I have come here to chew bubble-gum, and kick ass! And I'm all out of bubble-gum!" R.P.
  • edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    I think I read in rolling stone that wolfmother is opening for part of their tour (maybe the second half) -
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)

I did. In fact, I've checked anywhere I could think of. There is no mention of opening bands at all on their official site. And the only even rumors I heard on the message board were Wolfmother, Frank Black, and Filter. I even sent so far as to check all those guys sites to see where they are.

Wolfmother is currently in Australia
    Frank Black is in between tours
    Filter is in South Carolina

So those are all incorrect.

Maybe it is "Marching Band".

I have to meet my friend in Grant Park around 7:40 so the reason I'm wondering is if I'd possibly miss anything worth missing, I'd just leave his ticket at will-call.
  • vedhead011 wrote:
    Just got off the phone with Charter One Pavilion in Chicago and they said "It only says 'Marching Band' going on at 8pm".

Any word on who is opening, not just tonight but all tour? Is there a band called "Marching Band"?

i heard this on the radio this morning. its an actual high school marching band you all. they are doing it b/c they thought it would boost marching band "geeks" self-esteem. for real. i think that's fucking cool as shit. the tuba player who gets picked on goes to school and tells people he opened up for STP. suck a fat one pretentious pricks! ha!!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • i heard this on the radio this morning. its an actual high school marching band you all. they are doing it b/c they thought it would boost marching band "geeks" self-esteem. for real. i think that's fucking cool as shit. the tuba player who gets picked on goes to school and tells people he opened up for STP. suck a fat one pretentious pricks! ha!!!

it was on Man Cow in the morning and they interviewed the DeLeo brothers.
    www.cluthelee.com
    that is pretty cool, thanks for the answer right as I'm heading out the door!
    Wait...you can still listen to Mancow? Did you know he's not broadcast in the Chicago market anymore?
    i heard this on the radio this morning. its an actual high school marching band you all. they are doing it b/c they thought it would boost marching band "geeks" self-esteem. for real. i think that's fucking cool as shit. the tuba player who gets picked on goes to school and tells people he opened up for STP. suck a fat one pretentious pricks! ha!!!
    In my high school band, it was the tuba players that were the bullies. Now the oboe player, that poor guy...
  • http://www.livenation.com/artist/getArtist/artistId/4529/

Ashes Divide for me - never heard of 'em. Would die to see Frank Black.
  • http://www.livenation.com/artist/getArtist/artistId/4529/

Ashes Divide for me - never heard of 'em. Would die to see Frank Black.

Ashes Divide = Billy Howerdel = The Guitar player/creative force behind A Perfect Circle
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB