Nirvana Unplugged

vedhead011vedhead011 Posts: 300
edited August 2007 in Other Music
Just read this on wikipedia about the Nirvana Unplugged performance, and I do consider the source. But anyway:

"MTV Unplugged in New York includes two songs which were not aired on the original television broadcast of the concert: "Something in the Way" and "Oh, Me". Both the album and the broadcast omit a short jam of Lynyrd Skynyrd’s "Sweet Home Alabama", and instrumental jams of "Sliver," "Negative Creep", "In Bloom", and "Scentless Apprentice"."

So, has anyone heard/seen or does anyone have a more complete performance than the officially released disc? Is it possible that none exists? They are listed as "short jams" so maybe aren't that valuable. But I think it would be interesting to hear that show in a more fluid manner with the jams included.
AskPearlJam: PearlJama101-guest says: Who's idea was it for Eddie to play banjo on "Soon Forget"?
Eddie: I don't know whose idea it was but it was turned down.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Something and Oh Me were not aired but i never heard of the rest of the stuff you mentioned. might be bullshit, but you never know.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    The Sweet Home Alabama is on Youtube, and is just a joke.

THe album is one of my favourites.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • vedhead011 wrote:
    So, has anyone heard/seen or does anyone have a more complete performance than the officially released disc? Is it possible that none exists? They are listed as "short jams" so maybe aren't that valuable. But I think it would be interesting to hear that show in a more fluid manner with the jams included.

Sure, you can get the complete performance on video...it surfaced a long time ago...copies are plentiful.
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    vedhead011 wrote:
    "MTV Unplugged in New York includes two songs which were not aired on the original television broadcast of the concert: "Something in the Way" and "Oh, Me". Both the album and the broadcast omit a short jam of Lynyrd Skynyrd’s "Sweet Home Alabama", and instrumental jams of "Sliver," "Negative Creep", "In Bloom", and "Scentless Apprentice"."

Yes all this exists. An audience members even shouts out Rape Me when Kurt asks for requests and he says something like, "MTV wouldn't approve of us playing that" real sarcastic. I don't have the full thing on CD but I got it all on a shitty tired ass bootleg VHS.