The Whigs

western pearlwestern pearl Posts: 632
edited February 2008 in Other Music
Found their album on itunes and listened to all of the 30-sec. clips but can't decide whether to get it or not. Somebody convince me whether to buy it or not. They sound descent but nothing really grabbed me by the balls the way some new music does.
"Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I have both of their albums and listened to both once and they did not grab my balls either.

:(

sometimes it takes a few listens though so maybe someone more intimate with the band who has had their balls pulled could give you a better opinion.

:)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • intodeep wrote:
    I have both of their albums and listened to both once and they did not grab my balls either.

:(

sometimes it takes a few listens though so maybe someone more intimate with the band who has had their balls pulled could give you a better opinion.

:)

I ended up buying it after a few more listens and watching them on letterman. They aren't too bad...gave my balls a little tug you might say haha. They're playing w/ the drive by truckers here in march. Think i might check em out.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I ended up buying it after a few more listens and watching them on letterman. They aren't too bad...gave my balls a little tug you might say haha. They're playing w/ the drive by truckers here in march. Think i might check em out.

the DBT will grab your balls and drag you down the street.
    nice little athens ga tour

They are great live.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    Go see The Whigs if you get the chance, very entertaining live band.

The new album didn't blow me away at first, but it's been slowly growing on me over the past month. Some very good rock songs on the album, the slower songs are a bit boring, but the majority of hte album is pretty good.

Their first album doesn't rock as hard but is a bit more consistent overall, and the song "Technology" will get stuck in your head for weeks.
  • I saw them on Conan the other night. They gave a pretty good performance. Pretty shoe-gazer until the end where they became more animated.
  • one of my favorite new bands. they are insanely rocking live.