The Decemberists - The Crane Wife

TheRiotActTheRiotAct Posts: 131
edited October 2006 in Other Music
Please pick up this CD right now! Beautiful, amazing, expansive, breathtaking, melodious, emotional, wonderful album from them. Definately a candidate for album of the year. This album is BETTER than Picaresque...
"Close but no sitar." ~ EV
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Sawyer wrote:
    not out yet though right?

Actually came out yesterday. I've played it 4 times now, and I'd have to agree that I like it more than Picaresque.
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • i forgot this was coming out for sale this week, seeing as how it leaked over a month ago. its pretty good, think i'll listen to it again in honor of the release.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • TheRiotAct wrote:
    This album is BETTER than Picaresque...

Bold words, sir....

but true
    Please don't smoke in smoke free buildings. You aren't cool, you're just an asshole
  • Bold words, sir....

but true
    that is indeed a bold statement! I'll be checking it out soon.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • alobaralobar Posts: 310
    dang, and I really liked Picaresque. I knew the Decemberists were good, but I didn't expect them to keep getting better. I'll definitely be picking this up soon.
    "I wanna believe in the mercy of the world again."

WAR + MAGIC BEANS = PEACE
  • People.. pick this up today!
    "Close but no sitar." ~ EV
  • SoupySoupy Posts: 171
    Anyone know when this is coming out in the UK.

I love The Decemberists and i'm really tempted to download it from iTunes, but that means i'll have to buy it twice once it hits the UK :/