Options

tool and NIN touring together??

edited February 2006 in Other Music
im at school n i got my a perfect circle tour shirt on n this kid jus told me he heard tool and NIN were going on tour sometime this year. anyone have anything to back this up? its possible because tool is suppose to have a new CD out this spring....that would be excellent...i might have to miss a pearl jam show if this is true
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DieasGreyDieasGrey Posts: 124
    Its possible. Trent and Maynard have worked together quite a bit the past few years.
    No one is Righteous.......
  • Options
    wrappedwrapped Posts: 12
    I thought Maynard and Reznor was on bad terms since the Tapeworm project..
  • Options
    Sonic19Sonic19 Posts: 159
    Wonder who would headline...
    Stay positive and love your life
    Hooray Florida shows
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688
    wrapped wrote:
    I thought Maynard and Reznor was on bad terms since the Tapeworm project..

Trent said that what came out of the Tapeworm project was not as inspired as he was hoping. I did not hear anything about any bad blood. I think he said the same thing about his work with Zack de la Rocha.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    That would be quite the show. NIN have been on tour for a long time though and i would think they've covered all of the places that Tool would probably go. Also, although Tool is a great band. Most people know NIN so i think why would Tool want to be an undercard for an album release tour when they could easily fill any venue with die hard Tool fans. But we can dream.
    Speaking as a child of the 70's
  • Options
    Penny453Penny453 Posts: 200
    im at school n i got my a perfect circle tour shirt on n this kid jus told me he heard tool and NIN were going on tour sometime this year. anyone have anything to back this up? its possible because tool is suppose to have a new CD out this spring....that would be excellent...i might have to miss a pearl jam show if this is true
    yes NIN is touring again this year, but I haven't heard anything of them touring with tool...they already announced their opening performers...moving unit or Saul Williams depending on which show you catch. That's all I know..I mean I could be wrong because I haven't been on in a while...they're performing from mid feb.- april 1st.
    "And even when I'm right with you I'm so far away"
  • Options
    wow that would be so amazing.but who is than the main act?
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    oh be still my beating heart.

there would be no headliner. they would alternate nightly as to who closes the show.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    Trent said that what came out of the Tapeworm project was not as inspired as he was hoping. I did not hear anything about any bad blood. I think he said the same thing about his work with Zack de la Rocha.

Well, I can't say I have been following the course of what happened after the Tapeworm project was given up on. I just remember that Reznor got mildy pissed off at Maynard for playing Vacant (later became Passive) regularly during his Perfect Circle tour. Don't really know if he was really ticked off, or they just got over it and chuckled about it....
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    rrivers wrote:

That's nice, but it doesn't say anything about whether Tool will tour with NIN.
    Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    I cant see them doing a whole tour together.
    Trent supposedly hates touring and since
    they just did a huge one I dont see this one
    being long lived. We can all hope though...
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688
    rhinomagic wrote:
    That's nice, but it doesn't say anything about whether Tool will tour with NIN.

Because they are not touring with NIN.

I was just trying to pass some real information. I know "this kid n school" is a great source but sometimes its nice to have solid information rather than the guy taking your lunch money.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    PJ_GAPJ_GA Posts: 121
    *faints*********
    ITS MY BLOOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Nine Inch Nails is gonna blast them off the stage.