My Chemical Romance

SpaceNeedleSpaceNeedle Posts: 47
edited April 2008 in Other Music
Is there anyone on this board who like MCR ? Is it crime to like them and Pearl Jam all at the same time?

Save the Planet
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• it should be a crime to like MCR period . . . . to each his own i guess
    http://mastersofourdomain.blogspot.com/

My Movie/Music Reviews & Sports Blog
  • Oh crap!

Save the Planet
  • suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    emo sucks!
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
  • yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    Its a crime to like anything OTHER than Pearl Jam on this board...

dont you know ;)
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    y'know, I was prepared to give them a chance (as I do with all bands) and ignore the stereotypical "emo sucks" thoughts. But I saw them play at Leeds festival the same day PJ were playing, and by jaysis they were awful. Music was boring, but their attitude sucked. Gerard wouldn't stfu about how depressed all his fans were, how its not good to kill yerself etc... way to ruin a good drink on a nice summers day!!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    Jennytree wrote:
    y'know, I was prepared to give them a chance (as I do with all bands) and ignore the stereotypical "emo sucks" thoughts. But I saw them play at Leeds festival the same day PJ were playing, and by jaysis they were awful. Music was boring, but their attitude sucked. Gerard wouldn't stfu about how depressed all his fans were, how its not good to kill yerself etc... way to ruin a good drink on a nice summers day!!

That was dreadfull, actually having to stand there through a full set of utter crap so I could be at the front for Pearl Jam. I was still on a high from Slayer though, they rocked.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Is there anyone on this board who like MCR ? Is it crime to like them and Pearl Jam all at the same time?

I don't like MCR, but i think they are better then some of the other bands out there that they get grouped with.

But by all means to each their own. If you like them that is cool.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Fu_ManchuFu_Manchu Posts: 422
    I'd rather peel off all my skin and have a bath in vinegar than listen to MCR
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
  • I'd rather peel off all my skin and have a bath in vinegar than listen to MCR

Agreed

They're awful.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • my only experience with MCR was walking through their set to get to another stage at Voodoo. longest 3 minutes of my life.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    My daughter likes them, so because of her I've seen them 3x so far, and have 2 shows planned in May. I don't listen to them on my own, but I liked the shows - they play well, and Gerrard has plenty of stage presence. I'd never really heard them until I went to the show and the first thing that came to me immediately was the Queen influence.

One of the shows is a GA show and she wants to get there early to have a shot at front row, but once we go in, she can stay up front, but I'll stay in the back, so as not to take up a front row spot from some youngster who really wants it.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • i'm really into mcr. have seen them on 4 seperate occasions while touring in support of each of their records and they've never failed to put on an awesome show. in fact, i'm really excited about seeing them in 2 weeks. also, gerard's comic book line, "the umbrella academy", is pretty decent.
    ...just got a fresh bottle.
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Forget about it being a crime to like them here, it should be a crime to like them period.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    it should be a crime to like MCR period . . . . to each his own i guess
    agreed
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    suns rival wrote:
    emo sucks!
    No it doesn't. MCR are NOT emo.

That being said, go and listen to Sunny Day Real Estate and Embrace. Great bands.
    What the fuck is this world?
  • I never had the guts to attend any MCR shows in the Seattle Area because, I hate the band's "teenybopper/trendy college boy/ girl fanbase". I like the idea of making MCR a guilty pleasure of mine to listen to when I am bored as hell. I should be thankful that I do not own any MCR cds. How would you react if, I said, that Mike McCready listens to MCR songs?

Save the Planet
    I never had the guts to attend any MCR shows in the Seattle Area because, I hate the band's "teenybopper/trendy colleget boy/ girl fanbase". I like the idea of making MCR a guilty pleasure of mine to listen to when I am bored as hell. I should be thankful that I do not own any MCR cds. How would you react if, I said, that Mike McCready listens to MCR songs?
    But he doesn't listen to them. He has sense. ;)
  • Murderers:

You're right, he does hate them !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYgHvLFF3RE

Save the Planet
  • I thought the Black Parade had some fine pop songs on it. And their lead guitarist can play. So they're okay by me.:)
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • sorry but I like them!
    "You're the eve of my destruction in the garden of fears"
  • EvilMerlinEvilMerlin Posts: 1,865
    You know they take a lot of shit and don't deserve it. I took my nephew to their show, and I'm 25, and had a good time. None of the younger kids really cared about anyone older being their either, so they had a good respectful fan base, they have a really good lead guitarist, and Gerard has a hell of a stage presence. They're going to be around for a while. They've continually built themselves up a bit more with each album. I'll pop in a cd every once in a while when I want something easy to listen to. They're really not that bad at all.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Murderers wrote:
    No it doesn't. MCR are NOT emo.

That being said, go and listen to Sunny Day Real Estate and Embrace. Great bands.
    YES YES YES! real emo is awesome. Also try Rites of Spring if you haven't. Guy from Fugazi's first band. Their debut is one of my favourite albums ever.

Other emo that puts MCR and all the shite that gets called emo these days but isn't :

Saetia
    Pageninetynine
    Rain
    One Last Wish
    Happy Go Licky
    Indian Summer
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    I like MCR, why does it matter what anyone else thinks?
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • I heard rumors that Death Cab For Cutie might be emo. I wonder if MCR have an older fanbase of fans around the ages of 25 to 42 .

Save the Planet
  • Listen to what you want to who cares.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • HOOKERHOOKER Posts: 1,443
    yeah i like em
    Nice to know you.
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    suns rival wrote:
    emo sucks!
    I like Weezer.
    danny72688 wrote:
    I like Weezer.
    That's geek rock. ;)
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    They're Not Even Guilty Pleasure Material, That's Just How Shitty They are.

I do have a few teeny-rock guilty pleasure and i'll admit to one. "Thanks For The Memories" is a pretty hip jam! :o
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Fall Out Boy is one of my guilty pleasures....

Save the Planet