Favorite Guilty Pleasure Band or Singer?

SpaceNeedleSpaceNeedle Posts: 47
edited April 2008 in Other Music
What is your favorite "Guilty Pleasure band or singer?"

1. My Chemical Romance
2.Fall Out Boy/ Panic At the Disco
3. Justin Timberlake
4.Timbaland
5. Nelly F
6.PussyCat Dolls
7.Nickelback
8. Mariah Carey
9. Beyonce
10.Rhiannah
11. One Republic

Save the Planet
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    I love the way you count Fall out boy and Panic at the disco as one in the same thing!

I'll throw Matchbox 20 and Lostprophets out there as mine, although I don't feel particularly guilty listening to either of them.
  • Bryan Adams
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    Lifehouse
    Better Than Ezra
    Matchbox Twenty
    Matt Nathanson (not really a guilty pleasure because not many know of him, and his last album is fucking amazing)
    Colbie Caillet
    Michelle Branch (I have a thing for hot chicks with a guitar, what can I say?)
  • I don't feel guilty about it, but apparently I should so My Chemical Romance
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    Alicia Keyes I love her voice
  • wcsmithwcsmith Posts: 165
    1. Van Halen
    2. Def Leppard
    3. Justin Timberlake
    4. The Bee Gees
    5. Michael McDonald
    6. Kenny Loggins
    7. in the same vein - late 70's/early 80's soft rock (if you haven't seen Yacht Rock on youtube, check it out - funny stuff)
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
  • Haha, I have an inexplicable soft spot for Sammy Hagar.
  • Bryan Adams, David Essex, Elton John and the Scissor Sisters :o

there's probably more tbh but that's all I can think of about now
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • pjfan85pjfan85 Posts: 124
    I like a lot of the early Goo Goo Dolls songs. I like Poison's "Talk Dirty to Me". A couple of other hair band songs.
  • pjfan85 wrote:
    I like Poison's "Talk Dirty to Me". A couple of other hair band songs.

:eek: nothing shameful about that, my dear! :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    Get_Right wrote:
    Alicia Keyes I love her voice

definitely!

add to that:
    Goo Goo Dolls
    Mathbox 20 (older stuff)
    Lifehouse
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,141
    80s pop music
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    definitely!

add to that:
    Goo Goo Dolls
    Mathbox 20 (older stuff)
    Lifehouse

Nice. Another sucker for radio ready rock music. :)
  • upina2001upina2001 Posts: 764
    80s pop music

the cars
    christopher cross
    duran duran
    lionel richie

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• What is your favorite "Guilty Pleasure band or singer?"

1. My Chemical Romance
    2.Fall Out Boy/ Panic At the Disco
    3. Justin Timberlake
    4.Timbaland
    5. Nelly F
    6.PussyCat Dolls
    7.Nickelback
    8. Mariah Carey
    9. Beyonce
    10.Rhiannah
    11. One Republic

heh you should feel guilty listening to that crap :) all thats missing is matchbox 20 and creed
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    does Winehouse count?
  • ThecureThecure Posts: 814
    what abotu this.

i have a soft spot for Debbie Gibson, tears for fears, duran duran, i love Toxic from Brittany Spears, i like the Bee Gee's, and Cnydie Lauper.
    People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
    - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me."
    - Alice Roosevelt Longworth (1884-1980)
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    i dont like any guilty pleasure bands...i just like a few of their hits/singles.
    i'll keep anonymous! ;)
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • pouch15pouch15 Posts: 436
    N'sync
  • Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    While I wouldn't consider them "guilty" pleasures, someone else might:

Cat Stevens
    James Taylor
    Simon and Garfunkle
    Carol King
    Cristopher Cross
  • release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • I still appreciate the music of Tesla and Cinderalla from the 80s. Cinderella was really just a glammed out blues-rock band and Tesla just kicked ass. I still can't help myself when I hear certain 80s hair metal, but as far bands the two mentioned are the only ones I consider to have any long-lasting redeeming qualities
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,141
    oh almost forgot...

add Sarah McLachlan to my list....I love her voice.
  • any new age 80s crap
  • I still appreciate the music of Tesla and Cinderalla from the 80s. Cinderella was really just a glammed out blues-rock band and Tesla just kicked ass. I still can't help myself when I hear certain 80s hair metal, but as far bands the two mentioned are the only ones I consider to have any long-lasting redeeming qualities

Agree 100%. And I'll add Queensryche to my list.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Gremmie95 wrote:
    While I wouldn't consider them "guilty" pleasures, someone else might:

Cat Stevens
    James Taylor
    Simon and Garfunkle
    Carol King
    Cristopher Cross

no way! you got some of the greatest songwriters ever there. anyone who thinks those are guilty pleasures is crazy.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    no way! you got some of the greatest songwriters ever there. anyone who thinks those are guilty pleasures is crazy.
    your signature is amazing. one of the best songs ever.

anyway, I love Fall Out Boy and Justin Timberlake. No guilt.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Marcy Playground. remember those " sex and candy" guys? well i really like that album. good stuff.
  • Gold 26Gold 26 Posts: 676
    I LOVE Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now by Starship. I'm sorry.
    All my favourite singers have stolen all of my best lines.
  • hoopinmanhoopinman Posts: 294
    wcsmith wrote:
    7. in the same vein - late 70's/early 80's soft rock (if you haven't seen Yacht Rock on youtube, check it out - funny stuff)

http://www.yachtrock.com/