New Kids on the Block on the Today Show

SpaceNeedleSpaceNeedle Posts: 47
edited May 2008 in Other Music
Did anyone have the nerve to watch this on Tv? I'm glad that I slepted in missing it all together.

Save the Planet
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Did anyone have the nerve to watch this on Tv? I'm glad that I slepted in missing it all together.

I don't think you're in their demographic.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    I can't believe I missed the New Kids. dammit.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    Whas wit all the threads on NKOTB around here lately?

Who has the sick fascination wit these bods?
  • SpaceNeedleSpaceNeedle Posts: 47
    I just found out NKOTB are coming to Tacoma Dome in November 2008 instead of Key Arena . I should be thankful that they're not singing in Seattle.

Save the Planet
  • quarterpastquarterpast Posts: 185
    I was at the young end of their key demographic back when they were huge and was never allowed to see them...I think the shows will be packed with people like me, girls who never got the chance to see them the first time around!
    The Today Show didn't sound so hot, but they have a whole summer to continue practicing, so there is hope for them.. Plus, they had a whole new crew and rain to deal with for the show, so I just have to give them benefit of the doubt.
    One of the New Kids has a habit of turning off his microphone also..
    rock bands may come and rock bands may go...
    but rock n roll will live forever! - ray davies
  • jecicajecica Posts: 954
    I saw it. It was horrible. They sounded horrible. I bought tickets to their show in Boston because I think it's funny, but now I am not so sure.

I think the video is up on TMZ or you tube.
    Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.... (Voltaire)
    medley
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1K68EViOBI i felt weird watching that

new single: summer time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZxOBs-3Frs
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • BetterThanYouBetterThanYou Posts: 853
    jecica wrote:
    I saw it. It was horrible. They sounded horrible. I bought tickets to their show in Boston because I think it's funny, but now I am not so sure.

I think the video is up on TMZ or you tube.

if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for those tickets?

by the way...the new kids suck my asshole. always have, always will.
    "Have you ever.........pooped a balloon?"
    ~D.K.S.
  • mensanemensane Posts: 912
    i was late to work because i watched it. how much are tickets for the tacoma dome?
  • jecicajecica Posts: 954
    if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for those tickets?

by the way...the new kids suck my asshole. always have, always will.

Tickets were $55 and with fees it ended up being around $70. We got section 8 which is first level opposite side of the stage. They did have $75 seats closer to the stage. I don't think that's too bad.
    Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.... (Voltaire)
  • BetterThanYouBetterThanYou Posts: 853
    jecica wrote:
    Tickets were $55 and with fees it ended up being around $70. We got section 8 which is first level opposite side of the stage. They did have $75 seats closer to the stage. I don't think that's too bad.

well that's not as bad as i originally thought (and saw). still, i wouldn't pay a shit covered nickel to see them.

hope you have fun at the show you're going to.
    "Have you ever.........pooped a balloon?"
    ~D.K.S.
  • failedpersephonefailedpersephone Posts: 3,424
    are they still considered, NEW and KIDS ?????

it seems like the only thing true about them is they sometime are on a Block.
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    Dude... I still love Step by Step

Ahhh my misspent youth ;)

I have to add that Jonathan is still dreamy :D
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Dude... I still love Step by Step

Ahhh my misspent youth ;)

I have to add that Jonathan is still dreamy :D

jonathan was always the loser of the new kids Foxy!!!!!! he sucked when we were young and still sucks now!
  • gusturtlegusturtle Posts: 442

it would have been even sweeter if you'd opted not to create a thread about them as well :-)
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    jonathan was always the loser of the new kids Foxy!!!!!! he sucked when we were young and still sucks now!

He was the shy quiet one... mysterious and dreamy!! :D
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥