Killers

mrmojorisincamrmojorisinca Posts: 174
edited October 2006 in Other Music
Hey all..

I was able to meet the guys in The Killers Brifly last night in toronto..a meet and greet type thing..
was wearing my tenclub t..three of the members said nice t and The drummer mentioed that Mark (or Marcus) is a ten club member as well..anyway they seemed pretty cool..and well they didnt play for hours on end (they dont have the material) but the were good..really good I was impressed with them..much better then when I say them on TV the night before on much music..

Peace
FUCK! if you only hear what you wanna hear...
http://www.myspace.com/mrmojorisinca
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Hey all..

I was able to meet the guys in The Killers Brifly last night in toronto..a meet and greet type thing..
    was wearing my tenclub t..three of the members said nice t and The drummer mentioed that Mark (or Marcus) is a ten club member as well..anyway they seemed pretty cool..and well they didnt play for hours on end (they dont have the material) but the were good..really good I was impressed with them..much better then when I say them on TV the night before on much music..

Peace

Cool.
    There was another thread recently that mentioned how the Killers like PJ.
    I really like Hot Fuss, but I can't stand the new one. I should give it a few more tries.
  • BrainOfJDBrainOfJD Posts: 242
    The drummer mentioed that Mark (or Marcus) is a ten club member as well

that's funny :)
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
  • IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    the singer's name is brandon flowers, I have no clue who any of the others are though

still pretty cool that a guy in their band is in the 10c
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • I dont really know the guys names..but I think (by looking at the cd) Marcus is the bass player.
    maybe I'm just a cynic... but there has to be at least a 50% chance he was fucking with you.
  • UsmanIUsmanI Posts: 72
    no, they even mentioned PJ on muchmusic when asked about the next big bands cuz Bono has said the Killers are the future. They say Pearl Jam, and then took it back, I think after realizing they were just listing their fav bands rather than future ones.
  • mca47 wrote:
    Cool.
    There was another thread recently that mentioned how the Killers like PJ.
    I really like Hot Fuss, but I can't stand the new one. I should give it a few more tries.

The new Killers CD is amazing. It just takes time to get used to the shock that their sound/style changed. In my opinion people need to get over the fact that their sound is noisier now with more guitar and therefore less emphasis on the rhythm section in the mix.

They are more classic hard rock on the new one, and less like the cheesy 80's new wave bands that were "very temporary". Some songs are Queen like and some songs are Springsteen like, but clearly having the Killers uniqueness. I would much rather they be influenced by those two artists as opposed to sounding like the The Cure or The Smiths.

Just my two cents.

Dave
  • maybe im crazy but hot fuss is one of my favorite cds ever. so as it is, sam's town just isn't holding up. its good but they shouldnt have walked away from a good thing. when you were young is simply amazing though.
  • BrainOfJD wrote:
    maybe I'm just a cynic... but there has to be at least a 50% chance he was fucking with you.

How in reading this post did you come up with that he might be fucking with me...There would be no need to. I said the new album is good, and have a good show..he took the step to say that the member was a fan club member..and two other guys made refernce to the shirt..and also..they must know of Ten Club to acutally know what it is..
    How in reading this post did you come up with that he might be fucking with me...There would be no need to. I said the new album is good, and have a good show..he took the step to say that the member was a fan club member..and two other guys made refernce to the shirt..and also..they must know of Ten Club to acutally know what it is..

Like I said, I'm just being cynical. It would be cool if he really is a member.
  • BrainOfJD wrote:
    Like I said, I'm just being cynical. It would be cool if he really is a member.

Well I guess my question to you is what made cynical about the statement..
    Well I guess my question to you is what made cynical about the statement..

I'm just jaded I guess... it was nothing about your story in particular. It seems more common for new bands to bash older bands like PJ - that way they can appeal to young fans. So it's a pleasant surprise to hear that they're fans.

Still, even if they're fans - would the guy really be in the fan club? Seems like they could get in to any show they wanted, get backstage, etc, through connections. Somehow I can't see the bass player from The Killers going online to buy tickets the day they go on pre-sale and then running in to an arena to buy a poster :)

But like I said - I obviously have no inside knowledge about the guy or the band so anything is possible. You're the one who met them after all so I defer to you :D
    BrainOfJD wrote:
    I'm just jaded I guess... it was nothing about your story in particular. It seems more common for new bands to bash older bands like PJ - that way they can appeal to young fans. So it's a pleasant surprise to hear that they're fans.

Still, even if they're fans - would the guy really be in the fan club? Seems like they could get in to any show they wanted, get backstage, etc, through connections. Somehow I can't see the bass player from The Killers going online to buy tickets the day they go on pre-sale and then running in to an arena to buy a poster :)

But like I said - I obviously have no inside knowledge about the guy or the band so anything is possible. You're the one who met them after all so I defer to you :D

Is it possible he was in the fan club for a while? Perhaps he was a 10clubber before The Killers became big.
  • your probably right about the connections..but as the other person said, he could have been a member before the killers made it and had those connections..
    your probably right about the connections..but as the other person said, he could have been a member before the killers made it and had those connections..

that's true. wonder what his number is/was...? :D
    BrainOfJD wrote:
    that's true. wonder what his number is/was...? :D
    I'm sure it's better then mine! LOL
    :(
    mca47 wrote:
    I'm sure it's better then mine! LOL
    :(

Yeah, me too. But look at it this way - he probably let it lapse so we both moved up one spot... ;)
    BrainOfJD wrote:
    Yeah, me too. But look at it this way - he probably let it lapse so we both moved up one spot... ;)

Woohoo! :D
  • Look people...the Killers are awful...The first album was nothing impressive; but what makes them so awful is because that stupid lead singer Brandon Flowers is so full of himself...He just insults everyone and everything he can...I'm sure sometimes he really embarrases his fellow bandmates...Have you guys heard what he said recently about Green Day??? That "American Idiot" is an "un-american album and should be banned"??? Come on!!!! I know maybe a lot of you guys could care less about Green Day (but I've grown up with them...bought "Kerplunk" in 1993 when I was 10) and it doesn't stop there...he's attaked John Mayer (let's at least give him props as a great, great guitarist), The bravery, and other fellow peers while prattling on and on about how great he is and how his new album is "the best American Rock album of the last twenty years". I don't care if he lovesssss Pearl Jam...what he's already said makes him look sooo insecure and childish (yes, I realize that Billie Joe Armstrong used to do this when he was younger, but once again...I've loved them since I was 10) By the way, John Mayer has more talent in his pinkie finger than Brandon Flowers has in his entire body.
    What I Should Have Said...Was Nothing.
  • hey all the killers philly show is postponed tonight 10/23 at the electric factory...a friend works security there and said so, on livenation.com it is posted as a family emergency, if anyone has tickets, don't go....thanks.
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • Look people...the Killers are awful...The first album was nothing impressive; but what makes them so awful is because that stupid lead singer Brandon Flowers is so full of himself...He just insults everyone and everything he can...I'm sure sometimes he really embarrases his fellow bandmates...Have you guys heard what he said recently about Green Day??? That "American Idiot" is an "un-american album and should be banned"??? Come on!!!! I know maybe a lot of you guys could care less about Green Day (but I've grown up with them...bought "Kerplunk" in 1993 when I was 10) and it doesn't stop there...he's attaked John Mayer (let's at least give him props as a great, great guitarist), The bravery, and other fellow peers while prattling on and on about how great he is and how his new album is "the best American Rock album of the last twenty years". I don't care if he lovesssss Pearl Jam...what he's already said makes him look sooo insecure and childish (yes, I realize that Billie Joe Armstrong used to do this when he was younger, but once again...I've loved them since I was 10) By the way, John Mayer has more talent in his pinkie finger than Brandon Flowers has in his entire body.

You can have your Opinon..but to tell you the truth none of the Pearl Jam things said to me came from him, nore did he bash the t-shirt.. it was the Bass player and Drummer and posiably the Guitarist (but could understand him) who spoke to me about the t-shirt..also if you dont like there music that is cool, but dont hate them for having an opinion..otherwise that makes you just as bad as the people who bash Pearl Jam for having one....all bands bash at one point or another but who cares really, worship the music not the musician..even though u have listen to them since you were 10..
  • IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    Look people...the Killers are awful...The first album was nothing impressive; but what makes them so awful is because that stupid lead singer Brandon Flowers is so full of himself...He just insults everyone and everything he can...I'm sure sometimes he really embarrases his fellow bandmates...Have you guys heard what he said recently about Green Day??? That "American Idiot" is an "un-american album and should be banned"??? Come on!!!! I know maybe a lot of you guys could care less about Green Day (but I've grown up with them...bought "Kerplunk" in 1993 when I was 10) and it doesn't stop there...he's attaked John Mayer (let's at least give him props as a great, great guitarist), The bravery, and other fellow peers while prattling on and on about how great he is and how his new album is "the best American Rock album of the last twenty years". I don't care if he lovesssss Pearl Jam...what he's already said makes him look sooo insecure and childish (yes, I realize that Billie Joe Armstrong used to do this when he was younger, but once again...I've loved them since I was 10) By the way, John Mayer has more talent in his pinkie finger than Brandon Flowers has in his entire body.

I agree the Killers are god awful. I don't give a shit about what the frontman says, its just their music is garbage. And If Bono really said the Killers are the future of music, Bono is even further removed from reality than I initially thought he was. The Killers are a terrible band and don't deserve all this attention they're getting.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    The Killers are on Letterman tomm ( Tuesday ) night.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • I saw them at Virgin Festival and thought they were awful, one of the worst bands Ive seen this year. No originality to speak of.
  • UsmanI wrote:
    no, they even mentioned PJ on muchmusic when asked about the next big bands cuz Bono has said the Killers are the future.

did Bono honestly say that?

my god, has the world has gone straight to hell or what!?
  • TaftTaft Posts: 454
    Anyone happen to have access to a pair of extra tickets for tonight's Boston show?
  • TaftTaft Posts: 454
    Taft wrote:
    Anyone happen to have access to a pair of extra tickets for tonight's Boston show?

Well my buddy on their label came through as usual with a pair of great (free) seats last second. Should be cool, I am not a huge fan, but they're not bad.
  • IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483

yes. when was the last time bono said anything good about a good up and coming band? I seem to remember him singing the praises of Destiny's Child a few years back. So apparently Bono listens mainly to top 40 radio. I like the guy but he has lost touch with reality.
  • Igottago wrote:
    So apparently Bono listens mainly to top 40 radio. I like the guy but he has lost touch with reality.

hahahahaha - i was at the gym the other day and unfortunately every modern gym has fucking TVs in every corner so your obligated to watch daytime tv - bono did a duet with alicia keys on oprah - thank god my ipod was on full-blast making my ears bleed with punk rock.
  • rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901

Yeah ... Yikes.