Options

the raconteurs

mrmojorisincamrmojorisinca Posts: 174
edited May 2006 in Other Music
Wicked Album :)
Jack White does it again.with a little help from his friends
FUCK! if you only hear what you wanna hear...
http://www.myspace.com/mrmojorisinca
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    Wicked Album :)
    Jack White does it again.with a little help from his friends

He sure has!!
    They're called 'the saboteurs' over here
  • Options
    talig11talig11 Posts: 3
    It does kick ass, went to school with Jack Lawrence. Can't wait to see them in August at the House of Blues in Cleveland.
    Made it to the Ocean had a Smoke in a Tree
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    just so everyone knows,.....

These guys are on CONAN tonight,.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    Bathgate66 wrote:

I didn't know that. Thanks.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    EBowieEBowie Posts: 529
    Yeah, I really like the album...seems like anything Jack White gets involved with turns to gold...he's got some serious f-ing talent...not to mention, an incredible wealth of creativity.
  • Options
    I have everything the Whites Stripes and Brendan Benson have released. I've seen the Stripes, Benson, and the Greenhornes live on many occasions. I was expecting more from this album. The first single is great. Apart from the nicked Joe Jackson riff it is spot on. But the rest of the record is mildy listenable but boring at times. The White Stripes have never bored me and Benson has consistently written better melodies on his solo albums. Besides the single there isn't a song on here I need to listen to more than a few times.

I need to add the caveat that I've had eight of the ten songs before the release date (I should listen to the last two).

Personally I think this entire enterprise is getting propelled by hype and cool factor and that these guys can do better. I know they can. I've loved their music up until this collaboration. Some of this stuff is substandard. Hands and Intimate Secretary and Level are dreadful.

I should probably put a sock in it until I listen to Call it a Day and Blue Veins but I'm really surprised more people aren't more critical of this stuff.
  • Options
    I have everything the Whites Stripes and Brendan Benson have released. I've seen the Stripes, Benson, and the Greenhornes live on many occasions. I was expecting more from this album. The first single is great. Apart from the nicked Joe Jackson riff it is spot on. But the rest of the record is mildy listenable but boring at times. The White Stripes have never bored me and Benson has consistently written better melodies on his solo albums. Besides the single there isn't a song on here I need to listen to more than a few times.

I need to add the caveat that I've had eight of the ten songs before the release date (I should listen to the last two).

Personally I think this entire enterprise is getting propelled by hype and cool factor and that these guys can do better. I know they can. I've loved their music up until this collaboration. Some of this stuff is substandard. Hands and Intimate Secretary and Level are dreadful.

I should probably put a sock in it until I listen to Call it a Day and Blue Veins but I'm really surprised more people aren't more critical of this stuff.
  • Options
    rage333rage333 Posts: 157
    I love every song on there. Its a classic in my opinion. Jack White is a genius. I love this album. I have listend to the whole thing at least 10 or 12 times. Its so good. I am watching Conan tonite for sure and I want to try and see them live sometime. I love "Level" that song kicks ASS! I dont care what anyone says. This band fucking rules
    "when the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will be at peace"-Jimi Hendrix
  • Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,505
    Very strange. One band, two names. The Raconteurs, The Saboteurs.
    http://www.theraconteurs.com/
    http://www.thesaboteurs.com/

Why the discrepancy?
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    BremertonBremerton Posts: 279
    adam42381 wrote:
    Very strange. One band, two names. The Raconteurs, The Saboteurs.
    http://www.theraconteurs.com/
    http://www.thesaboteurs.com/

Why the discrepancy?

Pretty sure there was a band in Aus that had the same name. So that is what they are called there.
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Hell YES! Jackie White can do NO wrong. :D I'm looooving this album to bits. So catchy and rockin. Yellow Sun is really owning me. Said it before and I'll say it again, it totally has a Peace Frog vibe to it. Loove it. :o

But Jackie oh Jackie...why are coming to the Bay Area the weekend of The Gorge?? :( Nooooo fair. *tear* You really shoulda checked with me about my schedule before booking this. Jeez. ;) haha. Very sad that I'll be missing them.

Again, this band/album is awesome! Did I mention that Jackie White is so bad he kicks his own ass twice a day? :D

Oooo also...they'll be CONAN tonight!
    :)
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Bathgate66 wrote:

oh yes yes! I just got a little too excited. Didn't see that you had already posted this. :D:p

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••