Options

Stereoscopic Lenses (10,00 days)

harrymanbackharrymanback Posts: 435
edited May 2006 in Other Music
Any advicee on how to use the stereocopic lenses to "enhance the artwork" ... all i get is a weird combination of the two pictures and not one 3D pic.
I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I would suggest consuption of mass amounts of controlled substances.

Make your life a mission - not an intermission. - Arnold Gasglow
  • Options
    chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    Yeah, i got sore eyes when i tried to look through it, lol.

I think you're supposed to squint at it.... or something.
  • Options
    VocalityVocality Posts: 2
    I got it to work by moving the lenses forward and back, closer and further from my eyes. At some point, the two pics become one and the 3D effect is visible.

I especially like the skeleton with the pins stuck in him and the skeleton with the circling fire snake...

That probably sounds weird to anyone who has not seen the 10K days cover.

Vocality
  • Options
    gtbrown77gtbrown77 Posts: 140
    I thought at first maybe my lenses were broken or something cuz I couldn't get the 3D effect either. But I kept at it. Some people say you have to squint. Some say you have to cross your eyes. Essentially what you really need to do is relax your eyes and pick a focal point in one of the pictures. Then it will come together nicely.

I sometimes have trouble getting it to work still. When I do, I go back to the pic of the skull with the fetus inside. For some reason, I can always get that one to work, and then my eyes are sufficiently "trained" and then I can get the rest of the pics.

And yeah, for somebody who hasn't seen the artwork at all, some of these descriptions sound kinda weird.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
    -John Lennon
  • Options
    harrymanbackharrymanback Posts: 435
    thanks for your help ... i have made it work. you are correct in that the fetus in the skull is a good place to start. the "hall of faces is good 3D work.

i have trouble with the first three pages (name, songs, eyes) but the rest i am getting pretty good at.

the artwork is kinda like the album where at first you don't get it ... but when you do .... WOW!

wonder if there is a connection between the pages and the songs.
    I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
  • Options
    pipedreamspipedreams Posts: 99
    Vocality wrote:
    I got it to work by moving the lenses forward and back, closer and further from my eyes. At some point, the two pics become one and the 3D effect is visible.

I especially like the skeleton with the pins stuck in him and the skeleton with the circling fire snake...

That probably sounds weird to anyone who has not seen the 10K days cover.

Vocality

Agree 100%. I didn't work for me until I relaxed and moved the lenses forward and back and the two lenses became one.
    PJ Cincy 00, Lex 03, Columbus 03, Hershey 03, Benaroya 03, Boston 9/28/04, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, St.L 04, Asheville 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Hamilton 05, Montreal 05, Ottawa 05, Philly 05, Chicago I & II 06, Cincy 06, Las Vegas 06, SD 06, EV LA2 08, Columbia 08, Camden I & II 08
  • Options
    JamnPearlJamnPearl Posts: 204
    Sometimes if I close one eye and look at it for a second, then close the other one and look at it, then try looking at it with both eyes open it works.