AC/DC Still Rules

harrymanbackharrymanback Posts: 435
edited July 2007 in Other Music
sick that back in black sold 440,000 copies last yr ... see the following article on other backlisted titles.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Music/07/17/music.newclassics.ap/index.html
I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Interesting read. Thanks,
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Great read.........I purchased one of those copies of "Back in Black" this year. :D
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    why is it that every white trash redneck I meet absolutely worships back in black???
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
    godpt3 wrote:
    why is it that every white trash redneck I meet absolutely worships back in black???
    Because it's the only real Rock and Roll album that they sell at Wal-mart????
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • larslars Posts: 524
    godpt3 wrote:
    maybe they´re not white rednecks but you´re too gay
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
    lars wrote:
    maybe they´re not white rednecks but you´re too gay

Combine back in black with some skynrd and yep, you might just be a redneck.
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

tybird wrote:
    Because it's the only real Rock and Roll album that they sell at Wal-mart????

Ha! I had to buy the new pumpkins album at wally world because the only other store in town that sells music didn't have it in stock. (what can I say, I live in a small town.)
    —Dorothy Parker

• larslars Posts: 524
    godpt3 wrote:
    Combine back in black with some skynrd and yep, you might just be a redneck.
    rednecks rule
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
    lars wrote:
    rednecks rule
    or they buy a whole bunch of albums. :D
    tybird wrote:
    or they buy a whole bunch of albums. :D

It's 'cause they keep spilling beer on everything
    —Dorothy Parker

godpt3 wrote:
    It's 'cause they keep spilling beer on everything
    Don't you mean they keep spilling "that cheap shit that passes as beer" on everything? ;)
  • augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    godpt3 wrote:

Give credit, where credit is due. Besides ACDC just so happen to be one of the better OLD bands that are still playing great live shows today.

Perhaps you have an album, that is as old, and as great, with current sales figures that match BnB, then please do tell us about it!

For those about to rock. ONLY
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    ACDC is just balls out bluesy rock n roll. It'll NEVER go out of style - unlike their hair metal contemporaries (at least during the 80's). Good for them. Back in Black is a classic, redneck or not...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    i used to LOOOOOOOVE ac/dc but they wore themselves out. now, that i'm into deeper music like pearl jam, soundgarden, and aic for examples, which i've been into for yeaars now. but point is, ac/dc just got bland and boring and to me nothing special. sure they're talented, but uhh nothing close to the bands i mentioned. they're just fun rock. REPETITIVE fun rock though. and the fact that they are so popular, and little kids have ac/dc lunchboxes kills me. idk i wore out of them. they still have balls, but are way too overrated. but every once and a while i'll hear "c.o.d., care of the devil, c.o.d., the devil in me" and i'll smirk.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Check out the pop catalog chart on Billboard.com

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/chart_display.jsp?f=Top+Pop+Catalog&pageNumber=Top+1-10&g=Albums

Back In Black is currently number 12 - total sales figures 21 million !
    Then you had to bring up reincarnation over a couple of beers the other night
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,334
    augustwest wrote:
    Give credit, where credit is due. Besides ACDC just so happen to be one of the better OLD bands that are still playing great live shows today.

Perhaps you have an album, that is as old, and as great, with current sales figures that match BnB, then please do tell us about it!

For those about to rock. ONLY
    When and Where? I've been waiting for another tour, have you heard anything about any potential shows in the states?
  • JuberooJuberoo Posts: 472
    tybird wrote:
    Great read.........I purchased one of those copies of "Back in Black" this year. :D

Back in Black ... everytime I hear that song I get a middle school flashback! They played it every Friday before homeroom announcements! LOL
    Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense.

A truly liberal person is conservative when necessary.

Pro-life by choice.
    mr bungle wrote:
    When and Where? I've been waiting for another tour, have you heard anything about any potential shows in the states?

I saw em 4 years ago...blew my fuckin' socks right off !

Highway To Hell closed the show
  • DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    First album I ever bought was Back in Black. I was 8 years old and my best friend's 16-year old brother played it for me. I've probably bought it 5 times over in my lifetime. And it still rocks my face off.

Is it juvenile? Absolutely.
    Is it repetitive? For sure.
    Is it powerful? You betcha.

Look, I have loads of albums from many other bans since then. It's still in my top 3. And if you can listen to "Shoot to Thrill" while driving and not feel the need to hit the gas pedal, then you have a thing or two to learn about rock.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I like AC/DC.

Are they overrated? Absoutley

Having said that, I'd see them in a heartbeat.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    DocChicago wrote:
    First album I ever bought was Back in Black. I was 8 years old and my best friend's 16-year old brother played it for me. I've probably bought it 5 times over in my lifetime. And it still rocks my face off.

Is it juvenile? Absolutely.
    Is it repetitive? For sure.
    Is it powerful? You betcha.

Look, I have loads of albums from many other bans since then. It's still in my top 3. And if you can listen to "Shoot to Thrill" while driving and not feel the need to hit the gas pedal, then you have a thing or two to learn about rock.

Perfect :)
  • MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    some people can make fun of the likes of ACDC or Skynyrd, or even more "respected" stuff like Zep and Sabbath. but the thing is, when you listen to that old stuff or watch an old concert, you can tell that it came from the heart and when they put on a show, it was a SHOW. that doesn't go out of style. see if you get the same emotion from Avril Lavigne or My Chemical Romance. I get so sick of seeing people talk shit about Lynyrd Skynyrd. have you ever even seen tapes of any of their concerts? when they hit the stage, they absolutely threw down. one of their first tours was opening up for the Rolling Stones, and the word is that the Stones didn't even deserve to be on the same stage (this came from people were actually there). so you can make fun of Skynyrd (or ACDC) and call them "rednecks", but unless you can do it better, you should shut the fuck up.
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,334
    Just read on undercover.com.au Brian Johnson comfirms the band is hard at work on a new album. Hoping to release it by January with a tour to follow........... Fuck Ya!
  • KaddikatKaddikat Posts: 1,194
    Hell Yeah!! :D:D:p
    **Get outa my way, just step aside, or pay the price ~ AC/DC**

You make me feel uncalm and I think I like it - 311

JEFF ROX MY SOX!

"Jeff is just a badass all the way across the board" ~aNiMaL~

"Chill out Kaddikat"
  • JuberooJuberoo Posts: 472
    MLC2006 wrote:
    some people can make fun of the likes of ACDC or Skynyrd, or even more "respected" stuff like Zep and Sabbath. but the thing is, when you listen to that old stuff or watch an old concert, you can tell that it came from the heart and when they put on a show, it was a SHOW. that doesn't go out of style. see if you get the same emotion from Avril Lavigne or My Chemical Romance. I get so sick of seeing people talk shit about Lynyrd Skynyrd. have you ever even seen tapes of any of their concerts? when they hit the stage, they absolutely threw down. one of their first tours was opening up for the Rolling Stones, and the word is that the Stones didn't even deserve to be on the same stage (this came from people were actually there). so you can make fun of Skynyrd (or ACDC) and call them "rednecks", but unless you can do it better, you should shut the fuck up.

I swear I lost part of my hearing at an early 90's Skynyrd concert.
    Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense.

A truly liberal person is conservative when necessary.

Pro-life by choice.
  • The VacantThe Vacant Posts: 271
    Back In Black is okay, but I'll take any of the Bonn Scott albums instead.
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    The Vacant wrote:
    Back In Black is okay, but I'll take any of the Bonn Scott albums instead.

:D I'm with you!

Love AC/DC with Bon. Bon was THE MAN!! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift