VH are going to try to tour again

harrymanbackharrymanback Posts: 435
edited August 2007 in Other Music
Look for an announcement next week regarding a Van Halen tour with Eddie, Alex, DLR and Wolfgang on bass

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070807/en_nm/vanhalen_dc_1;_ylt=Avtafz_oUSBQqmkp7tHXJRp.KcMA
I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i'd like to say that's cool, but it's a) never gonna happen and secondly it will probably suck canal water....;):D
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    That band is a joke.
  • regarding the band being a joke, i would expect such a comment from one who loves scott stapp, hates born in the usa, and thinks rage is a one trick pony.

who knows if the tour lasts, just hoping they start in the east coast; last time was OU812 tour in the late 80s at the nassau colliseum .... realizing that was almost 20 yrs ago, i feel old.
    I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    This reminds me of that story where the boy keeps crying "wolf!".

Won't believe it until the tour actually happens...

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,702
    Looking forward to it, it'll blow the Police shows out of the water if EVH has his shit together.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    rhinomagic wrote:
    This reminds me of that story where the boy keeps crying "wolf!".

Won't believe it until the tour actually happens...

I agree completely. I can have tix in my hand and be at the venue, but until I see them get on stage and play I will not believe it.
    "regarding the band being a joke, i would expect such a comment from one who loves scott stapp, hates born in the usa, and thinks rage is a one trick pony."

I don't love Scott Stapp. I hate the band Creed. As for Springsteen and Rage, they are both among my favourite artists. I just don't lap up everything they release. It is possible not to like everything an artist releases, you know.

You like VH, cool. I just think they're way past their prime and is one big rock cliche.

Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread.
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Got my hair club for men and jack daniels stock back in view with the thought of VH going on tour again. ;)
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Does anyone believe that EVH's son could take the place of Michael Anthony. VH isn't VH without him...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • jsasojsaso Posts: 179
    well...
    jump ...you might as well jump
    "Does anyone believe that EVH's son could take the place of Michael Anthony. VH isn't VH without him..."

I don't think Anthony is amazing but I don't think he can be replaced. TBF though I haven't seen much of what Wolfgang can do.
    DeLukin wrote:
    Does anyone believe that EVH's son could take the place of Michael Anthony. VH isn't VH without him...

My biggest concern is the background vocals. Mikey was one of the best in the biz....
    And I guess Wolfgang is going to miss out on his senior year of high school.... ( I assume, he is 16 years old)
    I am sorry, I just read the following question and laughed out loud here at work. I had to post it....

"I wonder if Wolfie will have a Kool-Aid bass?"
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    My biggest concern is the background vocals. Mikey was one of the best in the biz....
    I worry about the foreground vocals too.........DLR was never much of an actual singer....lots of talking, howling, hooting, moaning....and I don't suspect that age has helped that situation any.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    tybird wrote:
    I worry about the foreground vocals too.........DLR was never much of an actual singer....lots of talking, howling, hooting, moaning....and I don't suspect that age has helped that situation any.

very true, but I guess I did not expect much there to begin with. Mike's backing vocals carried Dave for the most part. Dave was never really a 'singer'.
    very true, but I guess I did not expect much there to begin with. Mike's backing vocals carried Dave for the most part. Dave was never really a 'singer'.
    Being too drunk to remember lyrics or finish songs tended to dampen my enjoyment of the first VH show that I attended. :)
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    tybird wrote:
    Being too drunk to remember lyrics or finish songs tended to dampen my enjoyment of the first VH show that I attended. :)
    I'm sure. I never caught them with Roth. I was 12 when they broke up. My first caoncert was them with Sammy in 1986. I do have the US festival from 1982 on video and have seen Roth solo about 7 or 8 times, so I do know what you mean.
    I'm sure. I never caught them with Roth. I was 12 when they broke up. My first caoncert was them with Sammy in 1986. I do have the US festival from 1982 on video and have seen Roth solo about 7 or 8 times, so I do know what you mean.
    I never saw them with Sammy. :( Saw the DLR version twice.(1 bad/1 good) I did see Sammy open for ZZ Top back in his solo days.
  • Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    Van Halen actually pulled off something of a miracle by switching singers, and staying on top....but their antics over the last decade have tarnished the great music they did have....they should have hung it up when Sammy left, and kept their dignity.
    "It's all happening"
  • DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    And I guess Wolfgang is going to miss out on his senior year of high school.... ( I assume, he is 16 years old)

Rockstars have kidnapped my son
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
    they should have hung it up when Sammy left, and kept their dignity.
    Instead they got to keep all those unsold copies of "Van Halen III" :D
  • NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629
    they should have hung it up when Sammy left, and kept their dignity.

they should have hung it up when Dave left, and kept their diginity :)

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    muppet wrote:
    "regarding the band being a joke, i would expect such a comment from one who loves scott stapp, hates born in the usa, and thinks rage is a one trick pony."

I love Scott Stapp. I hate the band Creed. As for Springsteen and Rage, they are both among my favourite artists. I just don't lap up everything they release. It is possible not to like everything an artist releases, you know.

You like VH, cool. I just think they're way past their prime and is one big rock cliche.

Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread.

You love Scott Stapp? Welp...to each his own
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

I didn't know that "I don't love Scott Stapp" could be interpreated as "I love Scott Stapp."
    muppet wrote:
    I didn't know that "I don't love Scott Stapp" could be interpreated as "I love Scott Stapp."
    You didn't use the correct voice inflection when saying it??? :confused:;)
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    Maybe it just me....but when I saw the title of this thread I was thinking who the fuck is VH??? Van Halen has been so far out of the public eye the last couple of years full name disclosure is helpful.

One of the first concerts I ever saw....think I was about 13 at the time was Van Halen with DLR......The show actually kicked ass Eddie was definitely something to see live and up close....High light of the show was this fan in the front row pulling on DLR's tassels that were attached to his pants...DLR became so pissed he took a kick at the guys head (missed).....But then he stooped the show and said 'Motherfucker fucker keep grapping my shit rags (pointing out the fan).......but that ok cause I’m going to fuck Motherfuckers girlfriend after the show' The crowd had a good laugh about the whole thing :D
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • everyone else is coming back way too late in time for money they should have made back when they were worth something...hey why not have van halen come back and destroy what's left of the good memories too!!
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Will they be performing some Chinese Democracy too??
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
    Will they be performing some Chinese Democracy too??
    Axel and Eddie in the same band? That would give new meaning to the phrase "messed up." :D