Options

Bullet in a Bible

My3rdEyeMy3rdEye Posts: 926
edited March 2007 in Other Music
Anyone get this new live cd/dvd release from Green Day? It's very good. Amazing show in England in front of 65,000 people.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I bought it for my wife. Its a good DVD but I don't like the way they jump from guy to guy. You never see any one thing for more than 2 or 3 seconds before it flashes to the next shot. Consequently its choppy and you never get to just take in watching the musicians play. A bit overproduced but I was glad to see they cut a lot of the Hey-Ho's, repeat after me....

I saw them twice last year so it was cool to see but also it just shows how scripted their show is. All of the banter and spots are identical to the shows that I saw.

Overall its a good DVD though but lacks the same flow as teh PJ DVDs.
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Fuse played some of it...of what i saw it looks like a good show. I asked for it for xmas :D
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    i got it yesterday! and loved it... they are show ponys though.. but it still rocks!
  • Options
    Sounds like I wouldn't like it. I downloaded the cd though, haven't listened to it yet.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • Options
    they're just trying to milk american idiot a little more. i dont blame them though. might as well make the $$$ while you can
  • Options
    Cannabis wrote:
    they're just trying to milk american idiot a little more. i dont blame them though. might as well make the $$$ while you can

true enough
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Posts: 475
    Sorry for the forum necromancy, but I love this live album/dvd. I've been to one Green Day concert (2002) and loved it. Formulaic as it may be, the energy and excitement is so fun to listen to.

LOVE IT!
  • Options
    Wow..this is an old thread. I liked it but it would have been better if they didn't intersperse the interviews and backstage footage between songs.
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    I was there! It was a wicked show (I was so damn drunk though!).
  • Options
    Dick JonesDick Jones Posts: 777
    I never gave it a chance. Green Day is out of music world. Except one song: J.A.R.

I will never listen to another Green Day song on my own terms.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • Options
    Green Day never changed their setlist or anything both times I saw them on the AI tour. Billy Jo antics were a carbon copy each time. I've seen more diversity on Lawrence Welk. Better to buy "Bullet in a Bible" and save yourself the cost of a concert ticket and having to hear them butcher "We are the Champions" every night. Don't get me wrong I actually like Green Day but them don't compare to bands (like PJ) who at least change their set lists