latin music

chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
edited May 2007 in Other Music
anybody else dig it? :) i've been in a salsa mood all day, got some celia cruz playing right now
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    anybody else dig it? :) i've been in a salsa mood all day, got some celia cruz playing right now

I enjoy it. But one thing I've always wondered about latin music. Why is it that latino's are the only ethnic group to blast their own music from their car stereos? I don't hear German's rocking out to Rammstein or the Scorpions? I don't see Indians jamming Sitar laden tracks from the back of the Jeep?

I think it's rad that latino's represent the music that way. They could easily be blasting whatever is on the radio.
    NERDS!
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    I enjoy it. But one thing I've always wondered about latin music. Why is it that latino's are the only ethnic group to blast their own music from their car stereos? I don't hear German's rocking out to Rammstein or the Scorpions? I don't see Indians jamming Sitar laden tracks from the back of the Jeep?

I think it's rad that latino's represent the music that way. They could easily be blasting whatever is on the radio.
    hmm i dunno. i've seen indians cruise by with their jams blasting.

i like the idea of sitars pouring out the back of a jeep though heehee

i tend to blast everything when i'm driving, so i'm an equal opportunity latina i guess :o haha
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483

Latin music is its own genre.....Rammstein and Scorpions aren't really "german" music

Anyone ever listen to KINKY?

A great blend of Latin dance music and rock!
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Latin music is its own genre.....Rammstein and Scorpions aren't really "german" music

Anyone ever listen to KINKY?

A great blend of Latin dance music and rock!
    kinky? no never heard of 'em! where are they from?
    kinky? no never heard of 'em! where are they from?

Monterry, Mexico
    i'll have to check 'em out, that's an interesting combo

i love flamenco music too, paco de lucia is an amazing guitarist. i took my dad to see him a few years ago, it was cool
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Yes but that's all I could think of. But I'm sure you get the gist of what I'm trying to convey here.
    NERDS!
    Yes but that's all I could think of. But I'm sure you get the gist of what I'm trying to convey here.
    but not just latinos blast their music. black people do, and so do white folks.

loud music appeals to all :D
    but not just latinos blast their music. black people do, and so do white folks.

loud music appeals to all :D

Yes but do black people play traditional ethnic music? Do white folks?

That's what is cooler about latino's :D

And yes Chiqui, Loud Music appeals to all :)
    NERDS!
    Yes but do black people play traditional ethnic music? Do white folks?

That's what is cooler about latino's :D

And yes Chiqui, Loud Music appeals to all :)
    well whatever they consider traditional to them, doesn't have to be drums or bagpipes for either haha

i will concede that latinos are cool, just cuz ::D heehee

I get what you are saying, and excuse me for the bleeding heart liberalism, but it seems normal for any group trying to create/express their identity (teenagers, minorities) to express who they are via music, especially if they may perceive that they are prevented from doing it in other ways!
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    I'm a sucker for some good bossa nova. I also recommend Os Mutantes, a Brazillian psychedelic band from the late 60's. Their retrospective 'Everything is Possible' is a good place to start.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
    merkinball wrote:
    I'm a sucker for some good bossa nova. I also recommend Os Mutantes, a Brazillian psychedelic band from the late 60's. Their retrospective 'Everything is Possible' is a good place to start.
    brazillian psychedelic?? cool, i'm getting some interesting tips in here, thanks! :D