Deep Purple sucks and i fu*king hate them

not4unot4u Posts: 512
edited June 2006 in Other Music
..ya see?, it was simply a commercial for an SUV. I'll never listen to this band ever again.
we don't want war, but we still want more?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    stop listening to all other bands who have done commercials ever

PS Machine Head was better than almost any album in the 70's
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • not4unot4u Posts: 512
    SUV's belong to our troops not these egotistical ignorant fat fuck pig fucks that feel they have to drive thier wife to the beach and have dinner on the tail gate of thier SUV when they are totaly ignorant to the people dieng for their goddamn modern greeds. You want to ride in a SUV? YOU go fight for it.

How can you tell if someone is a loser without ever looking at thier face or knowing them?
    They drive a Hummer.

"Nobody gonna take my car I'm gonna race it to the ground Nobody gonna beat my car It's gonna break the speed of sound"
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    yeah but i'm a highway star. give me my SUV.

how do you even parallel park one of those monsters?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    not4u wrote:
    SUV's belong to our troops not these egotistical ignorant fat fuck pig fucks that feel they have to drive thier wife to the beach and have dinner on the tail gate of thier SUV when they are totaly ignorant to the people dieng for their goddamn modern greeds. You want to ride in a SUV? YOU go fight for it.

How can you tell if someone is a loser without ever looking at thier face or knowing them?
    They drive a Hummer.

"Nobody gonna take my car I'm gonna race it to the ground Nobody gonna beat my car It's gonna break the speed of sound"

This has absolutely nothing to do with why Deep Purple is awesome
    I mean their keyboards are just so sweeeet
    Echoes wrote:
    This has absolutely nothing to do with why Deep Purple is awesome

i call it band integrity. A simple emotion that can strip all one stands for or has ever done in a millisecond. I enjoyed Deep Purple very very very much. Now its all gone in a millisecond because of my view on thier lack of intergirty becuase they sold thier song to help sell SUV's. I have no faith or believe in them thier supporters or thier music anymore. I hate SUV's. When i hear deep purple i'll think "they did a commercial to help sell SUV's" - they suck.
    good for you. I still think they make great music
  • angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    not4u wrote:
    i call it band integrity. A simple emotion that can strip all one stands for or has ever done in a millisecond. I enjoyed Deep Purple very very very much. Now its all gone in a millisecond because of my view on thier lack of intergirty becuase they sold thier song to help sell SUV's. I have no faith or believe in them thier supporters or thier music anymore. I hate SUV's. When i hear deep purple i'll think "they did a commercial to help sell SUV's" - they suck.
    i totally respect your opinion, and i agree too many bands sell themselves down the river for a quick buck. its one thing if its a band noones heard of and they're trying to establish themselves somehow (even thats not a great excuse), but for established bands to do that is just fucking greedy bullshit and it does put into question the bands integrity and values. FUCK DEEP PURPLE (even though i havent seen the commercial), i will toast with you to that
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    Yellow Ledbetter was on the Friends finale. You should stop listening to PJ.

I drive an SUV, though not a Hummer. I saw Ed ride away as a passenger in an SUV after the Showbox show in 2002. You should hate him for befriending someone who owns one.

Deep Purple don't care if you like them or not.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    jeffbr wrote:
    Yellow Ledbetter was on the Friends finale. You should stop listening to PJ.

I drive an SUV, though not a Hummer. I saw Ed ride away as a passenger in an SUV after the Showbox show in 2002. You should hate him for befriending someone who owns one.

Deep Purple don't care if you like them or not.
    friends isnt selling anything, its a television show which essentially is a piece of popular art (though some would say a shitty one), the song wasnt used to sell deoderant or suvs or something. it was background music, much like a movie score would be. . .and im not even sure they got the bands permission to use it there anyway

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

friends isnt selling anything,

for 10 of those 30 minutes it is
    friends isnt selling anything,..

really? you sure about that?

i used to steal machinehead off my oldest sister when i was so much younger. i prefer my 70s bands in the 70s. that's the 1970s not when the band members are in their 70s :p
    but SUV or no SUV that band kicked serious arse way back when.

jeffbr wrote:
    I saw Ed ride away as a passenger in an SUV after the Showbox show in 2002. You should hate him for befriending someone who owns one.

oh i do hate ed because of that ;) thanks for giving me a heads up. :p
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Echoes wrote:
    for 10 of those 30 minutes it is
    but thats not when they played the song. thats probably when they played the deep purple song. . .not saying a band cant be good if there song is in a commercial, just saying it lowers them a couple of notches in my book. i love the who and i cringe every time i hear one of their songs on a commercial.

but thats not when they played the song. thats probably when they played the deep purple song. . .not saying a band cant be good if there song is in a commercial, just saying it lowers them a couple of notches in my book. i love the who and i cringe every time i hear one of their songs on a commercial.

oh i agree. i've stopped watching all the CSis because of it. it is a band's business what they do with their songs and i recognise that right. but i also have the right to drop them off my list.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • mwachsmanmwachsman Posts: 474
    not4u wrote:

They drive a Hummer.

I think your Smug level is way too high.
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
    Morals, and what you put your energy into and knowing the ammount of inforamtion you put your art and consequences into is what makes the commercial buisness a tricky and easy readable buisness. Pearl jam has never endorsed a vehicle of death. Its all about supporting the intellect of your decision to support the product you've helped advertise. Commercials are NOT ART.
    commercials may not be art but people will give you money so they can use your song. better the person who put in the hard yards than someone on madison avenue. my attitude about bands flogging their music has way more to do with me than it has to do with the bands.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    commercials may not be art but people will give you money so they can use your song. better the person who put in the hard yards than someone on madison avenue. my attitude about bands flogging their music has way more to do with me than it has to do with the bands.

if not a biggot? if only once a biggot? if he is simply only a biggot against gays?
    makes him a biggot?.
    Of Course.

Integrity rules even the smallest of opinions or actions.
    not4u wrote:
    Morals, and what you put your energy into and knowing the ammount of inforamtion you put your art and consequences into is what makes the commercial buisness a tricky and easy readable buisness. Pearl jam has never endorsed a vehicle of death. Its all about supporting the intellect of your decision to support the product you've helped advertise. Commercials are NOT ART.

I know what you mean. I lost all respect for the Monkeys now that eBay is using Daydream Believer as their jingle. That fucking pisses me off.
    jeffbr wrote:
    I know what you mean. I lost all respect for the Monkeys now that eBay is using Daydream Believer as their jingle. That fucking pisses me off.

LOL!!! :)
    the relevance of your comments bursts me in laffter!!

andshame :(

:)
    not4u wrote:
    if not a biggot? if only once a biggot? if he is simply only a biggot against gays?
    makes him a biggot?.
    Of Course.

Integrity rules even the smallest of opinions or actions.

what are you talking about?
    who's talking about biggotry?
    as long as my integrity is intact that's all that matters to me.
    right now i'm having a real difficult time with anti flag. they've sold their soul and signed to a major. but it is something that they will have to reconcile within themselves. it will not stop me listening to their music however.

jeffbr wrote:

that's what made you lose respect for the monkees? that's funny.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    not4u wrote:
    ..ya see?, it was simply a commercial for an SUV. I'll never listen to this band ever again.

You know it's not the first time Deep Purple have sold their music to be used in a commercial dont you?
    Can not be arsed with life no more.

that's what made you lose respect for the monkees? that's funny.

I guess I should have used one of these: ;) I don't think respect and artistic integrity were high on the Monkees list of career objectives.
    jeffbr wrote:
    i lost respect for the monkees when i heard there music

• bryn_cmbsbryn_cmbs Posts: 407
    Hummer used a Who song a few years back. I think it was "Happy Jack" or something like that.
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    That doesnt really bother me. If i like band enough it's not gonna turn me off.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • JamnPearlJamnPearl Posts: 204
    Oh my god I heard a song I liked on a commercial, I'M NEVER LISTENING TO IT AGAIN!!! *cries*
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Wow a great band allows their music to be played in a commercial and they automatically become a band that sucks?

I don't get it at all. If you haven't already go and listen to some of their stuff, then make your mind up.
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    jeffbr wrote:

Oh my god that's the funniest thing I've heard all day :D :rolleyes: Get over it
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • psycosmicpsycosmic Posts: 504
    not4u wrote:

your name says it all... if that's the reason you'll never listen to deep purple again this band is NOT FOR YOU!

you stick up to your believes, good for you! i like their music too much to let something as insignificant as a commercial (which i haven't seen, by the way) ruin the enjoyment i get out of lots of deep purple songs... they released some classic albums in their long career... your loss, really...
    ~~~
    Some days you wake up and sit on a park bench next to an eighty year old Russian architect, and some days you don't. I think this is my new life philosophy.

http://epplehausradio.blogspot.com/

pearl jam @ the astoria, london, 20/04/06