Bright Eyes live

JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
edited May 2007 in Other Music
So my g/f and I are going to Orlando to see Bright Eyes, and I was wondering if anyone here has seen them live latley. Just wondering what we're in for...setlist length, all that other good stuff...

I really like most of the CDs, but I'm not really familiar with the song titles, so I am a casual fan. My g/f loves them though.
Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Oh, well..no replies, so I'll tell you a little.

It was a spectacular show. I wish I was able to see them again. Better and more energetic live than I ever imagined.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Thanks for posting. Good to know.
  • deadmosquitodeadmosquito Posts: 729
    i still am having trouble getting used to bright eyes being referred to "them" rather than "him." weird.
  • Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    Seeing them tonight in Atlanta, will post my comments.
  • Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    Good show in Atlanta. Loved the live background done with the overhead projector. Very pleased to see Janet Weiss from Sleater Kinney as the drummer. The set was shorter than I wanted, and Gillian Welsh played about 3 songs too many, but it was a good time.
  • mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    Saw them Fri at Town Hall
    Great Show with F#@## Lou Reed as Special Guest

Not feelin Gillian...not my kind of music
    I'll def skip her when I see them again next week
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
    Oh, well..no replies, so I'll tell you a little.

It was a spectacular show. I wish I was able to see them again. Better and more energetic live than I ever imagined.

Cool that you got converted...
    My 1st show was in Tampa at a beautiful Theatre
    are the shows on this tour as good as previous tours? i.e. not too many teeny bopper girls yelling all the words, etc? i would love to see another bright eyes show, but the last time i went it was almost to a dashboard confessional level... and i don't want that if i see conor.
    NY wasn't teeny bopper at all,
    just cool vibe, everyone listening, rocking out and enjoying the music
    (same as the other show i saw on prev tour)
    are the shows on this tour as good as previous tours? i.e. not too many teeny bopper girls yelling all the words, etc? i would love to see another bright eyes show, but the last time i went it was almost to a dashboard confessional level... and i don't want that if i see conor.

There were a lot of teeny boppers at the Orlando show, but 95% of them were cool and were there to hear the music. But there was a very small band of about 5-6 fuckstick drunk 18-20 year old kids who were jumping around like assholes making out with each other the whole show. Sorry, but Bright Eyes shows arent mosh pit shows, and somehow, we got these dicks right in front of us for the last few songs. Otherwisde a great show with very respectful fans.
  • ihavadogihavadog Posts: 146
    just got into bright eyes.

any recommendations???????
    i want to be enlightened

like i want to be told the end
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    bright eyes... wide awake, its morning is a classic if u get into BE's buy that one first its so so good..... the new record isnt as good in my opinion...
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
    ihavadog wrote:
    just got into bright eyes.

any recommendations???????

go buy the album "lifted." it will change your life.
  • dirtyshoesdirtyshoes Posts: 27
    go buy the album "lifted." it will change your life.

i dunno about changing your life, but it definitely will open you up so a wide spectrum of music you might no usually get into. in my opinion the best bright eyes record and has the most going on. very cool and varied instrumentation.
    dirtyshoes wrote:
    i dunno about changing your life, but it definitely will open you up so a wide spectrum of music you might no usually get into. in my opinion the best bright eyes record and has the most going on. very cool and varied instrumentation.

i dunno if it's because of my age or what i was doing when the record came out but i felt like it really changed me i guess. to each his own. it's an important record to me in that regard.
  • pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    Now i don't mean to be complaining or anything hear but out of curiousity, how does his vocals do anything for you. Now i understand that people like emotion in their vocals but the man gets incredibly shaky and winey. I just think that after listening to an album like fever and mirrors that he is so overrated as a musician. He may have some moving lyrics but his vocals have no flow to them and he has absolutely no meleody.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
    pjfan020 wrote:
    Now i don't mean to be complaining or anything hear but out of curiousity, how does his vocals do anything for you. Now i understand that people like emotion in their vocals but the man gets incredibly shaky and winey. I just think that after listening to an album like fever and mirrors that he is so overrated as a musician. He may have some moving lyrics but his vocals have no flow to them and he has absolutely no meleody.

I actually used to feel the exact same way, but I started listening to a few of the newer albums, and I feel he got out of it a little bit. He definitely had a goat-like tendency on some tracks, but I think it works for him in a lot of ways.

Have you heard the last few new albums?
  • pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    i've heard some of cassadga and it's ok. I like his voice a lot more on this album than any other. I just feel that lyrically speaking he's good but i don't feel that they're nearly as amazing as people think. One other thing is that his neuroscis and depression seem to be a huge part of his music and i can't get into it. Still it's better than all the pop and rap shit.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05