Andrew Bird?

JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
edited January 2007 in Other Music
I heard a song from Andrew Bird & the Mysterious Production of Eggs last night, and thought it was pretty cool. But i was in a cafe, and couldnt hear very well.

Anybody familiar with him? Any advice?
Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• he's great, very sad talented man i don't know he is a bit weird in a good way but def buy that album. he started of as Andrew Bird's Bowl Of Fire and than went solo on Ani Difranco's label.
    ~It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not - ?~

~You laugh because I am different, I laugh because you are all the fucking same -?~

~Education is the most powerfull weapon you can use to change the world - Nelson Mandela~
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Cool, thanks.
    I saw on a review that he is a master whistler. That sounds funn as shit, but It was smooth what i remmeber hearing.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Cool, thanks.
    I saw on a review that he is a master whistler. That sounds funn as shit, but It was smooth what i remmeber hearing.

like i said he is a bit weird but good
    ~It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not - ?~

~You laugh because I am different, I laugh because you are all the fucking same -?~

~Education is the most powerfull weapon you can use to change the world - Nelson Mandela~
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    I heard a song from Andrew Bird & the Mysterious Production of Eggs last night, and thought it was pretty cool. But i was in a cafe, and couldnt hear very well.

Anybody familiar with him? Any advice?

Yes he is really good. Nice background music.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    He is amazing, and that new album is pretty phenomenal. His Bowl Of Fire stuff was good too, reall jazzy.
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Echoes wrote:
    He is amazing, and that new album is pretty phenomenal. His Bowl Of Fire stuff was good too, reall jazzy.

Souds really nice.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • swedeswede Posts: 558
    he has probably been one of my fave SMC selections... thats how i heard of him and only have the myseterious production... album but yeh its awesome
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Mysterious Production of Eggs is a great record. If you've never listened to an artist like him, it will rewire your head. Not hard and rocking, but definitely heavy in the ways that last.
  • Anybody else get their copy of Fingerlings 3 in the mail today? It's pretty awesome...
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • new album leaked. pretty good.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • HedgesHedges Posts: 1
    Hey my first post ...

I saw him open for Ani right before she went on her hiatus.

Best way i can describe him is he's a one man show, very much like Keller Williams, but add a serious flare of the Velvet Underground to him.

One man with a loop machine. very intense lyrics.

I'd really like to see him again.
  • I just saw a cool video of them on the bonnaroo website the other day. Check it out. He sounds pretty cool live too.
  • Welcome Hedges!

off_the_record, where did you find the leak? Nice s/n, by the way. :)
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Welcome Hedges!

off_the_record, where did you find the leak? Nice s/n, by the way. :)

oink
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times