be my Grandaddy friend

JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
edited December 2006 in Other Music
I posted about this band (Grandaddy) awhile back. But I just cant get enough, so i'm back with more Grandaddy.

Initially I had only their first two albums, Western Freeway & Softmore slump. I loved them so much, i found the last two studio albums on amazon for about $2.50 a piece. But i heard that the first two were the best, so i had my reservations.

My reservations were proved wrong. The album "Sumday" Is killing me. I've listened to it about 3-4 times a day for the last week, and i go tto bed humming Grandaddy, and I wake up humming Grandaddy.

El Caminos In the West...beaitiful. Sad songs like The Saddest Vacant Lot on All the World. Funny as hell...Stray Dog and the Chocolate shake...It never ends. It's a superb albyum from start to finish.

I am reserving the last album, Just Like the Fambily Cat for later. It's killling me, but i cant listen to it yet.

Anyways, I find it sad that such great music like this hardly ever makes it nowadays. The band has recently broke up, and we can only hope those guys continue making music in some way.

So, I call upon you openminded folk of music land...open up your ears to Grandaddy, you can get all of their albums on Amazon for like $20...you wont regret it.

(PS-I feel a little bad about buying from amazon...those guys probably wont see any royalties, but i'll pay to see any of them live anytime!)
Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Peter CPeter C Posts: 237
    I've only discovered Grandaddy over the last year or so,but get just Like the Fambly Cat which really is a fanastic cd,Jeez Louise and Rear View Mirror are classic's. But Grandaddy's best moment is AM180 off the 28 Days later soundtrack.
    London 1996 Cardiff 2000 Paris 2006 and London 2007.
  • alobaralobar Posts: 310
    It's funny how I think I'm such a huge fan of Grandaddy just because I've listened to "Sophtware Slump" for years and still can't put it down, yet it's the only Grandaddy album I own. I need to pick up the others real bad. I'd like to get Under The Western Freeway and Sumday first, then move on to Fambly Cat.
    "I wanna believe in the mercy of the world again."

WAR + MAGIC BEANS = PEACE
  • boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    Grandaddy kicks ass. They are from Modesto, where I lived for five years. Sumday is a phenomenal album.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • boroff89 wrote:
    Grandaddy kicks ass. They are from Modesto, where I lived for five years. Sumday is a phenomenal album.

Did you ever get a chance to catch them live?

Yes, Sumday is one of the best records i've ever heard, top to bottom.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    Did you ever get a chance to catch them live?

Yes, Sumday is one of the best records i've ever heard, top to bottom.

Unfortunately not! They apparently did a free show there a few weeks before I discovered them, so I missed out.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.