thanks for aiding in my quest

JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
edited March 2007 in Other Music
It all started about three or four years ago. I came into this section of the PJ message pit to find new music. Since then, through you, my fellow PJ friends, have I discovered some of the most amazing, uplifting, off-the-beaten path music EVER.

Some of these discoveries include:

The Beta Band (and King Biscuit, thereafter)
Grandaddy
Gomez
American Analog Set
Bright Eyes
Damien Rice
Minus the Bear

And the list really goes on and on...
I just wanted to say THANKS!!!

We are one awesome collective unit.
Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Man i am in debt just as you are.

I too was fed up with music i was hearing on the radio and tired of listening to the same old stuff and i started visiting this site. Just like you it was about 4 years ago and I have found SOOO many great bands out there because of it.

I hate hearing people say there is no good new music because you just have to look a little harder!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    The good people of this board introduced me to the Decemberists - for that I will be eternally grateful
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Todd76 wrote:
    The good people of this board introduced me to the Decemberists - for that I will be eternally grateful

I almost forgot them. I was getting turned on to tham as well. I only have two of their songs, but i've been meaning to track down that last album.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • If you think that's off the beaten path you should visit the radiohead forum, mortigi tempo. Talk about off the beaten path... I've discovered DOZENS of incredible Japanese bands in the past week... a few artists that literally shot up into my top 10 area.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    Im sure you have heard of Mogwai and Broken Social Scene as well, i started listening to both bands just last year and they have both quickly become two of my favourite bands in the world! Overlooked Mogwai for a long time even though they are from near where i stay but im so glad that i got into them, listen to them most days now. Broken Social scene are great as well, got You Forgot it in People, Beehives and the self titled album so far and they are all fantastic.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.