Options

Sigur Rós

BrinkofForeverBrinkofForever Posts: 373
edited May 2006 in Other Music
I just recently got into this band... love the () album and Takk. Anyone seen them live? Can they pull off their experimental sound in a live environment?

Make your life a mission - not an intermission. - Arnold Gasglow
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    They sound terrific in concert. On the bands web page, http://www.sigur-ros.is , you can view a streaming video of a entire concert. Just click where it says "webcast of the iceland concert". It's high quality sound and music
  • Options
    EnigmaEnigma Posts: 59
    If you have the chance to go, please do not miss out. Their concert is incredibly unique and well-executed. Visuals, lighting, skill, it is all trance-inducing. I've been to quite a bit of concerts and rank the two times I've seen them very high.
  • Options
    If you have the chance to go, please do not miss out. Their concert is incredibly unique and well-executed. Visuals, lighting, skill, it is all trance-inducing. I've been to quite a bit of concerts and rank the two times I've seen them very high.
  • Options
    I'll have to wait until they tour the states again. =( Sucks as they were just here in C-town a couple of months ago.

Dangit!

Make your life a mission - not an intermission. - Arnold Gasglow
  • Options
    goto_lgoto_l Posts: 1,189
    Yes the can pull of the albums live. Most of the albums are recorded live with a few overdubs & effects added later. Their shows are hypnotic almost to a sleeping state...then they hit you with an unbelievable ending.
    You men eat your dinner
    Eat your pork and beans
    I eat more chicken
    Than any man ever seen

• Options
    Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    I'd say their worst album is Von... not enough instrumental parts, it's mainly background noise. Takk is my favorite and I would definitely love to see them live. They were playing around here a while ago, and I beat myself up severely for not going.

Do they improve anything, or is it just straight forward songs? And how many people are on stage, is it just the 4 members (I think it's just 4 members of the band), or do they have an orchestra with them?
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • Options
    Ohhhhhhhhh, now it shows my other post.
  • Options
    Do they improve anything, or is it just straight forward songs? And how many people are on stage, is it just the 4 members (I think it's just 4 members of the band), or do they have an orchestra with them?
    They don't stray away too much from their main setlist for a tour. Not much improvisation involved, but seeing them in concert certainly amplify the emotions encountered in their music quite a bit.

While they are playing, they are joined by Amiina (now with two 'i's), comprised of 4 Icelandic girls.
  • Options
    Awesome. I've got to see them.
  • Options
    Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    I'll be seeing them for the first time this summer and can't wait!
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Options
    danedane Posts: 1,062
    Brink wrote:
    I just recently got into this band... love the () album and Takk. Anyone seen them live? Can they pull off their experimental sound in a live environment?

If you don't already have it, then get "Agæstis Byrjun" (Means "A great beginning" I think). I've seen 'em live twice. Both shows were great but the one at Roskilde Festival in 2003 was by far the best, actually among the best 10 I've ever seen. And yes, they can pull off their music in a live environment. They played the green stage at Roskilde. It has a capacity of about 40.000 ppl. It was filled, but everybody was quite and most were sitting down. You never see that at Roskilde!! Most people were propably so amazed that they couldn't stand on their feet. The arena felt like a church.
    I'm seeing them again this summer and I can't wait. Hope you also get to see them.
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07