Hey fellow Doors fans!!!!!

primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
edited March 2007 in Other Music
supposedly Jim did some recording with some street musicians in Paris a few days before he died, and supposedly this is the result. It definately sounds like Jim and it is a kick ass song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA5v-q3AsvY
Summerfest 7/8/95
Missoula 6/20/98
Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
Champaign 4/23/03
Alpine Valley 6/21/03
Missoula 8/29/05
Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
Grand Rapids 5/19/06
Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
Tampa 6/12/08
Chicago 8/23/09
Indy 5/7/10
Alpine Valley x2 2011
Wrigley 2013
Milwaukee 14
Telluride 16
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Thanks for the post, I enjoyed it and I hadn't seen it. It's a cool song and love the lyrics - they definitely sound like Jim. He and Ed sure have a way with words. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • SathogwaSathogwa Posts: 227
    Interesting. That is actual footage from a movie Jim and his friends were (attempting) to film called HWY. But I seriously doubt that is Jim singing. It sounds similar, but I don't think its him. He did jam with French musicians and even recorded some stuff, but this sounds more like a modern band with a Morrison impersonator singing than the real deal.
    Sleep on horseback
    Far moon in a continuing dream
    Steam of roasting tea

--Basho
  • ski4ski4 Posts: 261
    it sounds convincing to me as his voice though
    dunno

i like it a lot though
    "The only thing I ever saw that came close to Objective Journalism was a closed-circuit TV setup that watched shoplifters in the General Store at Woody Creek, Colorado." hst
  • r2g2r2g2 Posts: 66
    http://www.myspace.com/commonthrill

This is the band that sings the song. Still he sounds a shit load like Morrison.
    I said Yeaaaaaaah!