Options

Seether on Leno last night

YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,840
edited January 2006 in Other Music
I swear the guy sounded just like Cobain and the song they played was a semi ripoff of "Come As You Are" I've never seen/heard Seether before. Are they always like this?
No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    yeah they're pretty much the worst band out there. They sound like a shitty bar band who is playing covers of Nirvana Bleach, only if bleach was a horrible fucking record. Seether->Nirvana like Creed->Pearl Jam. basically a lame ass rip off ten years later.
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • Options
    yeah they are defineitely in that group of neo grunge bands and they all equally suck

i remember when i frist heard that song Remedy, i swore it was a new nirvana song, it was so bad
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • Options
    The lead singer sounds a lot like Kurt and even tries to tilt his head when he's singing and make the same facial expressions as Kurt. I will not be buying a Seether CD anytime soon.
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    I don't mind Seether, and their guitar player has a Stickman sticker on his guitar and lists Pearl Jam as his favourite band and Mike and Stone as his influences.

I thought that was pretty cool.
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Options
    thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    The lead singer sounds a lot like Kurt and even tries to tilt his head when he's singing and make the same facial expressions as Kurt. I will not be buying a Setter CD anytime soon.
    i saw them open for audioslave
    they actually did a nirvana cover, which wasnt too bad
    i dont mind them, i dont own any of their cds but enjoy listening them to the radio
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • Options
    IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    It irritates me that these guys ever got a record deal, while there are probably legitimate and original artists out there who struggle to get heard and won't make it in the music biz. It's a sad state of affairs these days. In that sense this band is the polar opposite of Nirvana and what was going on in the early 90's: good music actually became popular.
  • Options
    poto101poto101 Posts: 386
    I dont mind them. to me theyre Alice in Chains with/STP with sum nirvana thrown in. i saw them open for audioslave and was actualy impressed. their record aint bad, at least give them a shot.
    It's all happening....

East Troy 2003
    Chicago x2, Summerfest x2, 2006
    Chicago THE VIC, Lollapalooza, 2007
    bonnaROOOOOOO 2008
    Chicago x2 2009

(EV chicago 2008 night 2)
  • Options
    I saw Seether open for Audioslave in San Francisco. Holy crap, I wanted to jump into a pool of Yankee piss infested with child raping sharks. Good thing Audioslave owned that night. They played Huinger Strike and everything.
    "I forgot the F***ing song."
    - Eddie Vedder, San Francisco 7-16-06, after botching Sometimes, the night's opener

http://people.ucsc.edu/~mquery/pics/pujolsFTW.JPG
  • Options
    I have to disagree.
    I saw them open for Audioslave too, and have their Cd's and they are solid.
    I though they put on a killer show and were super tight. Cornell obviously thought very highly of Shaun because he invited him to sing Fell On Black Days with him towards the end of the tour.
    I'd have to say these days with all the shit music being put out there its nice to see a band like Seether get recognized.

I met Shaun before and he and the entire band LOVE Pearl Jam. ...a long with Nirvana, Silverchair, and ALice
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    PJamGrunge10PJamGrunge10 California Posts: 594
    Cornell obviously thought very highly of Shaun because he invited him to sing Fell On Black Days with him towards the end of the tour.

i saw them do that together, when the guy actually sings, he does have a great voice.
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    this band sucks. what a rip-off of pj and nirvana
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    i also saw them on the audioslave tour and they were terrible....except when they covered drain you....they played that well, cause the singer sounded so much like kurt.
  • Options
    ItIsEvolutionBabyItIsEvolutionBaby Rogers, AR Posts: 397
    Sadly, I like Seether :(
    Oh please, let it rain today, this city's so filthy, like my mind in ways . . .
    Memphis, TN 08.15.00
    Oklahoma City, OK 04.03.03
    Little Rock, AR 06.10.03
    Bonner Springs, KS 06.12.03
    St. Louis, MO 10.05.04
    Chicago, IL 05.17.06
    New York, NY 06.24.08
    New York, NY 06.25.08
    Kansas City, MO 05.03.10
    East Troy, WI 09.03.11
    East Troy, WI 09.04.11
    Chicago, IL 07.19.13
    Dallas, TX 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK 11.16.13
    Tulsa, OK 10.08.14
    Memphis, TN 10.14.14
    Boston, MA 08.05.16
    Boston, MA 08.07.16
    Chicago, IL 08.20.16
    Chicago, IL 08.22.16
    Seattle, WA 08.08.18
    Seattle, WA 08.10.18
    Boston, MA 09.02.18
    Boston, MA 09.04.18
  • Options
    poto101poto101 Posts: 386
    I have to disagree.
    I saw them open for Audioslave too, and have their Cd's and they are solid.
    I though they put on a killer show and were super tight. Cornell obviously thought very highly of Shaun because he invited him to sing Fell On Black Days with him towards the end of the tour.
    I'd have to say these days with all the shit music being put out there its nice to see a band like Seether get recognized.

I met Shaun before and he and the entire band LOVE Pearl Jam. ...a long with Nirvana, Silverchair, and ALice

well said.
    It's all happening....

East Troy 2003
    Chicago x2, Summerfest x2, 2006
    Chicago THE VIC, Lollapalooza, 2007
    bonnaROOOOOOO 2008
    Chicago x2 2009

(EV chicago 2008 night 2)
  • Options
    JSP552003JSP552003 Posts: 222
    this band sucks. what a rip-off of pj

hahahahaha how the heck do you figure that?
  • Options
    i like them

good stuff

yes you can tell they have grunge influenced, but then again, thats how bands coem about, im sure the PJ boys were influenced by some other bands, otherwise they wouldnt have got into the biz
    Run to the hills
    run for your life
  • Options
    dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    Seether is a great one. They're one of the few newer bands that are actually really good. Both of their cds are solid too. I saw them open for Audioslave and they really impressed me live.
  • Options
    I like them. Both albums are pretty solid. And its good to see some PJ influence. I have a mp3 of them covering Immortality from their first tour, and its pretty decent....you can tell they respect PJ.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    Just because a band likes PJ doesn't mean they are good. These guys actually suck, it is a fact. No different than creed, nickelback, or any of those pathetic bands.