Talib Kweli

OttOtt Posts: 403
edited February 2008 in Other Music
Hip hop fans who don't know him, be SURE to check him at Bonnaroo. One of the finest emcee's out there. Fabulous show. Fabulous rhymes. Old school hip hop. I, for one, can't wait to see him again. If The Roots can't be there, only Mos Def would be finer. =)

Ott
'Give me some music; music, moody food/ of us that trade in love'
-Shakespeare
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,015
    i like black star better than the roots ... that would be hot if mos def came to bonnaroo as well.
  • YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    Talib Kweli is amazing! Good to see other fans on here!
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • Kweli is great. I loved him most recent album.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Love Black Star, Reflection Eternal is good and so is Quality.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • i saw him open for the beastie boys and he had the place jumpin. i think he was the best warmup act ive ever seen to actually get the crowd frothing at the mouth for the next act.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24