Options

Un-showered, unfed, late for work ... AND

orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
edited March 2008 in The Porch
SHUT OUT TWICE!

this is ridiculous! I live in freakin NY!!!

all today yielded me was a headache, a loss of appetite, and a new affinity for Ticketmaster.

I almost blinded with anger right now. I'm so angry that I'm almost completely calm. Too angry to even show anger.
Jam out with your clam out.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bah!
  • Options
    i'm sorry :(
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,576
    Look on the bright side.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, Los Angeles 5/21/24, [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    I don't know if I am a bigger loser for missing out on 10c tickets for a show in my hometown or for crying over it.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    Look on the bright side.

... usually when someone says that, they follow it up with an actual bright side. you have provided me with nothing.
  • Options
    edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    long red wrote:
    SHUT OUT TWICE!

all today yielded me was a headache, a loss of appetite, and a new affinity for Ticketmaster.

I almost blinded with anger right now. I'm so angry that I'm almost completely calm. Too angry to even show anger.

I know the feeling....but I am showered and at work. I feel your pain.
  • Options
    meme wrote:
    I don't know if I am a bigger loser for missing out on 10c tickets for a show in my hometown or for crying over it.

I'd say crying over it.
  • Options
    3inputchick3inputchick Posts: 845
    I'm completely with you on this one...
    I work 2 buildings down from MSG and could not get the tickets... I was checking out and the paged timed out... WTF is that!!!!?????

Ticketmaster here I come..... I'll get them there..... I'm not worried but I wanted 10 club tickets damn it!!!!!!!

On a good note, I totally didn't do a thing today at work, just tried to get tickets so at least i made money while I was freaking out.

Come here thread starter, we will cry together!
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    long red wrote:
    ... usually when someone says that, they follow it up with an actual bright side. you have provided me with nothing.
    I knew I would find you out here at tour time!!!
    How are you?
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,576
    long red wrote:

Yeah, but that made you smile, no?

Actually, the bright side... you guys have shows at least. I am looking at taking a red-eye across the country to Connecticut just to catch one.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, Los Angeles 5/21/24, [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    I knew I would find you out here at tour time!!!
    How are you?

im good ... but ticketless!

but hey, this is new york fucking city. and we are new fucking yorkers. we will get in. oh yes, we will get in.
  • Options
    When something like this happens I just feel utter resentment for the band even though it is not there fault. There has to be a better way. Let me make this clear i didnt even try for tickets but it just does not seem fair that some people got shut out especially when you have people try to get tickets just to see if they can and clog up the system. All in all the way things have been run around here are a little obscene.
  • Options
    Long,
    We will get tickets..... I'm sure of it.
    Even if we have to mug the tourists to get them!!!!! :)

Did you get Camden?
  • Options
    Long,
    We will get tickets..... I'm sure of it.
    Even if we have to mug the tourists to get them!!!!! :)

Did you get Camden?

nope. it's all about ticketmaster for me. or whoring. i am up for some whoring for tickets.
  • Options
    PrlJam27PrlJam27 Colonia, NJ Posts: 346
    meme wrote:

definatly crying about it.

I live in Jersey and scored Vic tickets last august. And I gotta be honest, the "but I live in chicago" didnt make me wanna give up my seats the least bit.

And remember, theres still ticketmaster for these shows. With big shows like these, if you wanna get in bad enough, there is always a way.

Not so true for a small show like the vic.
  • Options
    long red wrote:
    nope. it's all about ticketmaster for me. or whoring. i am up for some whoring for tickets.
    <sigh>
    I thought it might be fun to rough up some people with accents.... ok, ticketmaster it is.

If you score being a whore let me know...... :)
    are you just looking for 1?
  • Options
    <sigh>
    I thought it might be fun to rough up some people with accents.... ok, ticketmaster it is.

If you score being a whore let me know...... :)
    are you just looking for 1?

well right now, i'd kinda just like one for myself. but if ticketmaster doesnt work out, a'whoring i will go.
  • Options
    jackwvuujackwvuu Posts: 42
    well i feel your pain..it sucks...i was shut out of both borgata shows in a/c 3 years ago....and i live 30 minutes from there. that was upsetting. also shut out of camden 1 in "06....i'm with you, although, much happier as a whole with the process this time...much more seamless....for me at least...there are lots on here with extras for sale....you'll find some.
  • Options
    Save YouSave You Posts: 80
    the worst part is feel like I wasted so much of my day for this BS, I could have actually done something productive
    don't gimme no lip !
  • Options
    HOW!!!! HOW!!! HOW!!!!

how do i miss both shows, yet others GET both shows?!?! i dont fucking get it!
  • Options
    something will come up, someone always has a friend bail.

and who knows day of show you could score better seats.
  • Options
    Rory1223Rory1223 Posts: 46
    I too feel your pain...shut out both nights, even though I had tickets for both shows and then the server crashed each time...yup..gotta love the web...wish it was a mail-in lol...
  • Options
    *plays the World's smallest violin*

Cry me a freakin' river.

Be thankful they are even taking the time to play in your area. Some of us are less fortunate.

If you really want to go so bad you can go to Ticketmaster when they go on sale or go to a Ticket Broker.
    Noblesville 6/03
    Toledo 10/04
    Grand Rapids 10/04
    Grand Rapids 5/06
    Cleveland 5/06
    Cincinnati 6/06
    *hopefully sometime before I die* Noblesville

Songs I'm hoping to hear live: Nothingman, In My Tree, Indifference, and Animal
  • Options
    that sucks, dude. I totally feel for you. At least you're not being a baby like some people and realize there's always the general public onsale. Also, you might be able to get a great seat through tm the day of the show. In Buffalo 2003, a buddy of mine who's in 10c for some reason didn't know about the tour until a few weeks after the presale ended. He ended up getting a better seat (3rd row, lower bowl right near the stage) than i did (Row 12 Floor).
    I like bands.
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    long red wrote:
    SHUT OUT TWICE!

some people know how to use the internet quickly some dont.
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    long red wrote:
    HOW!!!! HOW!!! HOW!!!!

how do i miss both shows, yet others GET both shows?!?! i dont fucking get it!

Ummmm, maybe because a lot of people wanted something that there were only a few of. Just a guess.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    some people know how to use the internet quickly some dont.

Ha! Good one!
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    long red wrote:
    SHUT OUT TWICE!

Karma I guess.
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    meme wrote:

There's no universe in which you are a loser meme. :) *hug*

(I got shut-out too.)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&