Colorado peeps? Mile High Festival?

OttOtt Posts: 403
edited July 2008 in Other Music
Any pit members attending?
I am heading from San Antonio to Denver to check this thing out next week. Bob Schneider, The Roots, John Mayer, Michael Franti & Spearhead, moe., Tom Petty, O.A.R., Spoon, Jason Mraz, Lupe Fiasco, DMB, The Black Crows...
Nothing earth shattering, but some good acts. I've never been to Denver, so I am looking forward to it. 1st road trip with the girlfriend, and we're driving there. That should be interesting.

Ott
'Give me some music; music, moody food/ of us that trade in love'
-Shakespeare
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• COJammerCOJammer Posts: 19
    I'm in Colorado Springs and don't think we're going up. But, you'll have a great time in Denver.
    Just a couple other suggestions of things to do while you're there:

- Check out the Celestial Tea factory in Boulder
    - Go to Fort Collins and tour the New Belgium brewery and drink some free beer! (they make Fat Tire)
    - Tour the Denver mint (downtown, you can get reservations online)
    - The aquarium is awesome!
    - Take a hike around Red Rocks amphitheater

If you have other questions about the Denver area, please let me know. You'll have a great time... beautiful part of the country!
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    I'll be there Day 2 (Sunday). Should be a good time, just make sure you bring sunscreen since it's usually a blistering sun this time of year. We don't get the humidity, but we definately get the sun (being closer to it up here).
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • OttOtt Posts: 403
    Thanks for the heads up folks. Don't know how much extra time we'll have. I'd love to do the Brewery, but we are comin in Friday morn and leavin Monday at checkout, so Friday night's the only free night, really. So, if you have a hot night spot, shout it out. We'll be right off the highway (70), so getting downtown looks pretty simple.

Also, there's a late night "Free Alliance Jam" at the shows, I know DMB, moe., Franti & Spearhead, and others are active throught the organization; I wonder who'll be playing. Hmmmmmmm...

Ott
    'Give me some music; music, moody food/ of us that trade in love'
    -Shakespeare
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    Ott wrote:
    Thanks for the heads up folks. Don't know how much extra time we'll have. I'd love to do the Brewery, but we are comin in Friday morn and leavin Monday at checkout, so Friday night's the only free night, really. So, if you have a hot night spot, shout it out. We'll be right off the highway (70), so getting downtown looks pretty simple.

Also, there's a late night "Free Alliance Jam" at the shows, I know DMB, moe., Franti & Spearhead, and others are active throught the organization; I wonder who'll be playing. Hmmmmmmm...

Ott

The Rockies are in town that weekend, so I'd get tix for that and spill out into LoDo after the game. Depending on what you're looking for, that is definately the most happenin' area of town most nights. And the good thing is there are plenty of watering holes there, so if you don't like one, try the one next door. That's also a promo night at the game, Rockies Beach Towel give-away I think?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    I am keeping my options open however I doubt I will go either day. Please take the above advice on sunscreen.

If I only had one night in the area, I would drive to Morrison, hit the Morrison Inn for dinner, enjoy a 36oz margarita on the roof and then drive up to Red Rocks and take in the view of downtown.

I am not a nightlife type, so if I am going Downtown for any reason, it is only to drink the fine beers offered at Falling Rock Taphouse.
    http://www.fallingrocktaphouse.com/beerlist.html

Enjoy yourself.
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    transplant wrote:
    I am keeping my options open however I doubt I will go either day. Please take the above advice on sunscreen.

If I only had one night in the area, I would drive to Morrison, hit the Morrison Inn for dinner, enjoy a 36oz margarita on the roof and then drive up to Red Rocks and take in the view of downtown.

I am not a nightlife type, so if I am going Downtown for any reason, it is only to drink the fine beers offered at Falling Rock Taphouse.
    http://www.fallingrocktaphouse.com/beerlist.html

Enjoy yourself.

*edit* just read the above post. Yeah, get a $4.00 rockpile seat, check the game out and then head over to Falling Rock.