Southern Fans!!! Time to Party!!

KatrinaRocksKatrinaRocks Posts: 74
edited January 2007 in Other Music
Who said we actually had to have a Pearl Jam show to party?? If they’re not coming to us…we’ll have our own shin-dig!

It’s the 2nd Annual (although it’s been more than a year) Atlanta Meet-Up! =) Mark your calendars now!!

March 3rd, 2007 at the Wild Wings Café in Marietta, GA

For now it’s dinner and drinks and our most favorite PJ tribute—TEN! =) Depending on the response, there may be an afternoon BBQ and even a post-show hotel party…woo! =) Any of you that have met me or Kyle know that having fun is our specialty, so this is a party that’s not to be missed! =)

I can’t say enough good things about the guys from TEN. How can meeting up with other PJ fans, having lots of drinks and listening to PJ tunes be a bad time?? I saw these guys play in NYC to a crowd of over 600…but for some reason when they make the trek South only a handful show up. We need that passion here!! So this is our chance to come together and form our own little Southern community---one that can make some waves so that next tour we won’t be missed!!

Watch this thread for details to develop and if you have questions or concerns feel free to e-mail me! Katrock79@aol.com
Smiles,
Katrina
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    this is intriguing!...
  • this is intriguing!...

It is??
    Smiles,
    Katrina
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    Who said we actually had to have a Pearl Jam show to party?? If they’re not coming to us…we’ll have our own shin-dig!

It’s the 2nd Annual (although it’s been more than a year) Atlanta Meet-Up! =) Mark your calendars now!!

For now it’s dinner and drinks and our most favorite PJ tribute—TEN! =) Depending on the response, there may be an afternoon BBQ and even a post-show hotel party…woo! =) Any of you that have met me or Kyle know that having fun is our specialty, so this is a party that’s not to be missed! =)

I can’t say enough good things about the guys from TEN. How can meeting up with other PJ fans, having lots of drinks and listening to PJ tunes be a bad time?? I saw these guys play in NYC to a crowd of over 600…but for some reason when they make the trek South only a handful show up. We need that passion here!! So this is our chance to come together and form our own little Southern community---one that can make some waves so that next tour we won’t be missed!!

Watch this thread for details to develop and if you have questions or concerns feel free to e-mail me! Katrock79@aol.

Hey hon.. wish I could be there in person, but I'll totally be there in spirit! Who knows by then.. maybe we WILL be in the area :D
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
    It is??

yup another excuse to go for a roadtrip...
  • yup another excuse to go for a roadtrip...

heck yeah! The more the merrier!!
    Smiles,
    Katrina
    heck yeah! The more the merrier!!

just because pearl jam ain't playing around here, doesn't mean i am staying home and pouting like some others will probably do around here.

:D
  • just because pearl jam ain't playing around here, doesn't mean i am staying home and pouting like some others will probably do around here.

:D

Well good! We're not either! We're gonna have way fun...even if we don't have the real band =)
    Smiles,
    Katrina
  • Foxy Mop wrote:
    Hey hon.. wish I could be there in person, but I'll totally be there in spirit! Who knows by then.. maybe we WILL be in the area :D

I wish you could be here too!! Let's see what kind of response we get to this thread and we'll try to set up some stuff for Wishlist...cool??
    Smiles,
    Katrina
  • Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    Nice.. this is the jammer spirit....everyone should be like Katrinarocks..
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • Tom K wrote:
    Nice.. this is the jammer spirit....everyone should be like Katrinarocks..

heehee...well thanks! =)

Umm...anybody have any idea why this got moved?? I can't believe that a PJ dating thread goes on The Porch but a Pearl Jam party doesn't??
    Smiles,
    Katrina
  • Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    heehee...well thanks! =)

Umm...anybody have any idea why this got moved?? I can't believe that a PJ dating thread goes on The Porch but a Pearl Jam party doesn't??

was kind of wondering that myself...
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • Tom K wrote:
    was kind of wondering that myself...

This thread certainly isn't going to get the attention it deserves here. Think I should repost with no mention of 10?? Think that did it??
    Smiles,
    Katrina
  • Who said we actually had to have a Pearl Jam show to party?? If they’re not coming to us…we’ll have our own shin-dig!

Watch this thread for details to develop and if you have questions or concerns feel free to e-mail me! Katrock79@aol.com

If you're road tripping to see glorified karaoke then you need to evaluate your life. Cover bands have their place, maybe a wedding or barmitzva or something. Even then they are pretty lame. Take a risk Ten and write an original song, I know it's difficult but you'll probably get a lot more respect.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • If you're road tripping to see glorified karaoke then you need to evaluate your life. Cover bands have their place, maybe a wedding or barmitzva or something. Even then they are pretty lame. Take a risk Ten and write an original song, I know it's difficult but you'll probably get a lot more respect.

Several of the members are in an original band. They're good...you should check them out. =)http://www.myspace.com/strangewaymusic

And you shouldn't knock folks for having fun. =) Some people think it's utterly insane to road trip to see Pearl Jam. It's all perspective. =)
    Smiles,
    Katrina
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    If you're road tripping to see glorified karaoke then you need to evaluate your life. Cover bands have their place, maybe a wedding or barmitzva or something. Even then they are pretty lame. Take a risk Ten and write an original song, I know it's difficult but you'll probably get a lot more respect.
    Maybe they want to roadtrip to meet up with some fellow folks who like pearl jam. Its great to meet and see a tribute band it is a good back drop. I think this is more about fans getting together then seeing a tribute band.

Plus since the real band won't come here gotta take what you can get :)

I did not make it last year and i regret it i plan on making it this year.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • intodeep wrote:
    Maybe they want to roadtrip to meet up with some fellow folks who like pearl jam. Its great to meet and see a tribute band it is a good back drop. I think this is more about fans getting together then seeing a tribute band.

Plus since the real band won't come here gotta take what you can get :)

I did not make it last year and i regret it i plan on making it this year.

EXACTLY! You're in the ATL...you have to come!! =) We'll have many drinks and many smiles...that's promised. =)
    Smiles,
    Katrina
  • I didn't make the last one either, I think I was "In Hiding". I will have to make it out for this one!
  • TMartin wrote:
    I didn't make the last one either, I think I was "In Hiding". I will have to make it out for this one!

Yes Travis, you must come! How have you been!? You need to come see my new house! We're going to Lenny's tomorrow night...wanna come?!
    Smiles,
    Katrina
  • I thought this was going to be a Skynyrd thread.
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • I thought this was going to be a Skynyrd thread.

I'm always down for some 'Sweet Home Alabama' but not in this thread. =) Sorry! =)
    Smiles,
    Katrina
  • Yes Travis, you must come! How have you been!? You need to come see my new house! We're going to Lenny's tomorrow night...wanna come?!

I won't be able to make it to Lenny's tonight, but I definitely need to come see your new house.