Pearl Jam tours/sights around LA?

Betterman308Betterman308 Posts: 8
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Hey all, I'm from Australia and I'm heading to LA in october. Unfortunately I can't make it up to Seattle. I was hoping people might be able to suggest any Pearl Jam inspired tours they know of, or places I could visit to check out the bands history i.e - gig locations, recording studios etc.....

Thanks
"Fuck the Pessimists, Fuck em"

E. Vedder, Live at the Garden.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• HollyweirdHollyweird Posts: 197
    Pearl Jam does not have alot of history here in this city. For a good while Ed has a strong disdain for L.A since this has been the heart of the Recording Industry for so long. Some of Pearl Jam's early shows were at old LA venues you could catch a gig at. I think PJ's first LA gig was at the Florentine Gardens in Hollywood. Also the Hollywood Palladium and the Palace. Otherwise not much Pearl Jam related shit here. There's plenty to see here as a Rock and Roll fan though. Catch a show at the Whisky where the Doors got their start. Check out the Roxy and the Rainbow in Hollywood. You might still also be able to catch a show at the Hollywood Bowl in October.
  • HollyweirdHollyweird Posts: 197
    Record Plant is the single most important recording studio in the world. PJ has recorded here. Here is their link.

http://www.recordplant.com/
  • Thanks for the info
    "Fuck the Pessimists, Fuck em"

E. Vedder, Live at the Garden.