Billy Talent

EarthgirlEarthgirl Posts: 695
edited September 2006 in Other Music
I really like them... and was wondering who else does and your thoughts on them.

Great music for cruising down the highway and dancing to.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I was in a supermarket ( the hell for people who like good music) and i was listening to some new albums.I was listening to the new Slayer but for any unknow reason I took billy talent II and i was surprised. They are really rocking. Ok, their lyrics are not really brilliant and the music isn't something you've never heard, but it is about Rock and they really do. I like Red flag and fallen leaves. It's the kind of group you like for a certain reason even if they are commercial. Maybe in a few months i'll not understand why i bought the album but for the moment I appreciate them. I'm sure there are a lot of persons who sing along with Red Flag:

Cast off the crutch that kills the pain,
    The red flag waving never meant the same,
    The kids of tomorrow don't need today,
    When they live in the Sins of Yesterday.

It's catchy, or ?
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
  • luxpjamer wrote:
    I was in a supermarket ( the hell for people who like good music) and i was listening to some new albums.I was listening to the new Slayer but for any unknow reason I took billy talent II and i was surprised. They are really rocking. Ok, their lyrics are not really brilliant and the music isn't something you've never heard, but it is about Rock and they really do. I like Red flag and fallen leaves. It's the kind of group you like for a certain reason even if they are commercial. Maybe in a few months i'll not understand why i bought the album but for the moment I appreciate them. I'm sure there are a lot of persons who sing along with Red Flag:

Cast off the crutch that kills the pain,
    The red flag waving never meant the same,
    The kids of tomorrow don't need today,
    When they live in the Sins of Yesterday.

It's catchy, or ?
    \

yes.. I did the same as you, bought it on a whim and really think it's rockin and catchy too. Rock is supposed to be fun right. And for now... just like other bands that come and go from my life.. I am enjoying them. I love Red Flag too !
  • Sorry people, Billy no talent as I like to call him sucks. What a horrible singer/songwriter. Terrible performer, guys a complete joke when it comes too music.
  • Sorry people, Billy no talent as I like to call him sucks. What a horrible singer/songwriter. Terrible performer, guys a complete joke when it comes too music.

hmmm you're either mistaken, or misinformed. There's no one named "Billy Talent" performing in the band.

Billy Talent isn't anyone in the band.. it's just the Band's name... you obviously haven't done your home work before you came and slammed them.
  • Billy Talent is very catchy, I like their first album a little better than this one but I agree with Earthgirl that red flag is a great tune to drive to.
    Barrie: 08/22/98 Boston 09 28-29/04
    Buffalo 05/02/03 Hamilton 09/13/05
    Kitchener: 09/11/05 London:09/12/05
    Montreal: 06/29/03, 09/15/05 Ottawa: 09/16/05 Toronto:9/21/96, 10/05/00, 06/28/03, 09/19/05, 05/09-10/06
  • Billy Talent is very catchy, I like their first album a little better than this one but I agree with Earthgirl that red flag is a great tune to drive to.

their first album rocks hey.
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    they are great and made good albums...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm