I love Adam Ant

EarthgirlEarthgirl Posts: 695
edited December 2006 in Other Music
just had to say that, I really like him... I've missed hearing him, pulled out the old cd's today and remembered how great it is.

wont take that talk
wonderful
1969 again.... some great tunes
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• what? no love for Adam here?
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Dont drink dont smoke - what do you do?
    Dont drink dont smoke - what do you do?
    Subtle innuends follow
    There must be something inside hes hiding
  • Sonja_SSonja_S Posts: 444
    Will you change your username to goody two shoes? ;)
    I really liked him back in the day but he's gone a bit nuts, hasn't he? His son released a good album a few years back.
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • Sonja_S wrote:
    Will you change your username to goody two shoes? ;)
    I really liked him back in the day but he's gone a bit nuts, hasn't he? His son released a good album a few years back.

just something about his voice and sound I like. :)
  • wonderful is a great tune
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • Sonja_SSonja_S Posts: 444
    wonderful is a great tune

Wonderful is a great album even.
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • great aesthetic too
    no son personas, son mujeres
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Poor guy went mad. He's in a psychiatric hospital last I heard. :(
  • ahhhhhhhhh...blast from the past!

ya don't drink, don't smoke...what do ya do? :D
    good times.
    :p

oops...just noticed, sonja beat me to it. :O haha.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Earthgirl wrote:
    just had to say that, I really like him... I've missed hearing him, pulled out the old cd's today and remembered how great it is.

wont take that talk
    wonderful
    1969 again.... some great tunes

yes. i too remember when i loved adam ant. i was such an anglophile in the early 80s. i saw them twice in september 1981. the second time, 2 days after the first, i dumped my younger brother after a footy grand final to catch adam and the ants at the capitol theatre in sydney. i can still remember it being a windy night and having to chase my ticket down the street after it got whipped from my hands. with the wind and spending all day in the sun at the footy, i woke up sick as a dog on the monday. but being 16 at the time it was so totally worth it. it cost me $A13.90 for a ticket at the time.
    ahhhhh memories. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Adam and the Ants were simply beyond cool............"Stand and Deliver", "Antmusic" and other Ant tunes have somehow crept onto my ipod.........:)
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.