Alice In Chains - Milwaukee, WI 11-11-06

rizzdaddyrizzdaddy Posts: 262
edited November 2006 in Other Music
A Completely Sold Out Show At The Rave...Got There During The Opening Band, They Were Called Hurt...Not Bad At All For An Opener I Thought. Then AIC Came Out and Opened The Show Up With "Again". I Was Amazed At How Good The Replacement Singer They Got Is... He's An African American That Sounded Exactly Like Layne...Might Have A Better Voice But Can't Say Because I Never Saw Layne Live. They Played 5 or 6 Acoustic Songs In The Middle Of The Show. Had A Couple Awesome Tribute Videos, 1 Completely Dedicated To Layne And 1 Showing Alice In Chains Clips. They Ended The Show With "Man In The Box", "Rooster", "Would?"

Really Happy They Decided To Do This Tour In Honor Of Layne And To Salute The Long Time Alice In Chains Fans...One Of My Top 5 Show's I've Been To Out Of The 50 or So I've Seen.
08-19-08 (Riverside Theater) Vedder(Solo) Milwaukee, WI
07-02-11 (Orpheum Theatre) Vedder(Solo) Minneapolis, MN
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• These Songs Were Played Some Are Out Of Order Probably.

Again
    Bleed the Freak
    Grind
    Ain't Like That
    Junkhead
    Nutshell
    Them Bones
    Dam that River
    Rain when I Die
    Don't Follow (acoustic)
    Brother (acoustic)
    Killer is Me (acoustic)
    No Excuses (acoustic)
    Down in a Hole (acoustic)
    Got Me Wrong (acoustic)
    Sludge Factory
    We Die Young
    Angry Chair
    Man in the Box
    Rooster (encore)
    Would (encore)
  • PJPATPJPAT Posts: 399
    I was there and was impressed. Leaving there I was thinking of a possible new album.

Seeing AIC back in the ealry 90s was a real treat and Layne was big part of it. It was a nice tribute to him and it is a shame that he is gone but the new singer was pretty good and I was happy to be able to see Inez, Kinney and Cantrell together again.

The one song that stuck out was Them Bones. Layne really screamed that out in concerts and he was really missed on that. Junkhead was another that I thought layne was missed on. That is totally his song but Duvall did a great job singing it. The words are so much Layne though.

Great time, I can't wait to see them again in the summer. (I HOPE)
    "All the money you make will never buy back your soul" Bob Dylan

"I need honesty, I need truth, and I need hope...I need it! That's what music means to me." EV
  • One of the best, if not the best, concert I've ever seen. Can't wait to hopefully see them again someday. Awesome show!
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me..." -'Release' PJ
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    Loved it, loved it!!

Even got a setlist! :D
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • PJPATPJPAT Posts: 399
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Loved it, loved it!!

Even got a setlist! :D

Does the setlist match what was provided above. It seems about right from what I remember.
    "All the money you make will never buy back your soul" Bob Dylan

"I need honesty, I need truth, and I need hope...I need it! That's what music means to me." EV
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    They had Heaven Beside you as part of the set after the acoustic set, but it never got played (I'm pretty positive)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • StellaStella Posts: 283
    OMG i'm so jealous of you guys. !! Damn living in australia! ;) always wanted to see AIC
    I have no signature
  • Great show, great time with good friends. :D
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    rizzdaddy wrote:
    A Completely Sold Out Show At The Rave...Got There During The Opening Band, They Were Called Hurt...Not Bad At All For An Opener I Thought. Then AIC Came Out and Opened The Show Up With "Again". I Was Amazed At How Good The Replacement Singer They Got Is... He's An African American That Sounded Exactly Like Layne...Might Have A Better Voice But Can't Say Because I Never Saw Layne Live. They Played 5 or 6 Acoustic Songs In The Middle Of The Show. Had A Couple Awesome Tribute Videos, 1 Completely Dedicated To Layne And 1 Showing Alice In Chains Clips. They Ended The Show With "Man In The Box", "Rooster", "Would?"

Really Happy They Decided To Do This Tour In Honor Of Layne And To Salute The Long Time Alice In Chains Fans...One Of My Top 5 Show's I've Been To Out Of The 50 or So I've Seen.

did you know your capitalized every single word in your post.. that doesnt accidentally happen.. so, tell me.. why did you do it? :)
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • oppie1 wrote:
    did you know your capitalized every single word in your post.. that doesnt accidentally happen.. so, tell me.. why did you do it? :)

Old Habit, I Like It I Guess?
  • I never much got into Alice In Chains but I always loved Don't Follow. Great song!!!
  • Shame on me but I don't know who replaced layne??? How is he ?
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
  • that setlist is incredible. had i known they were playing all those songs i would have gone to see them in toronto. so foolish!!
    they say god makes problems just to see what you can stand ~ elliott smith
  • oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    i'm pumped for saturday night at the uptown in kc!!
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • Shame on me but I don't know who replaced layne??? How is he ?
    The new singer is William Duvall, he was quite good! Sounded a lot like Layne!
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • luxpjamer wrote:
    Shame on me but I don't know who replaced layne??? How is he ?

I Don't Even Think There Is A Difference Between His Voice And Layne's.