Counting Crows Breaking Up

rizzdaddyrizzdaddy Posts: 262
edited April 2007 in Other Music
Sad to see them go they have always been one of my favorite bands...

Adam Duritz's Blog From April 1, 2006

I'm sorry to announce that in the middle of recording tonight, we had a huge fight and a bunch of people said a bunch of things they should never have said. I guess sometimes you just hold things in for so long that they just have to come out. Unfortunately it happened in front of some of the guy's wives and girlfriends and when they got involved as well, the whole thing just escalated. It was horrible.

The end result was that Dave and Dan have left the band. I guess Immy and Charlie and I will try and finish the record with Jim and Millard. I suppose it's possible if Immy just plays all the guitar parts himself. Either way, this is going to be the last Counting Crows record. It's too bad really. I was starting to feel like this might have been our best album, topping even "Recovering The Satellites".

I guess nothing lasts forever. To tell you the truth, I was getting really tired of the touring and all the nightmarish promotion and marketing and general record business bullshit. In a way, there's a lot about this that I won't miss at all. That's a stupid thing to say. There are parts I hated but I will miss most of this more than I will ever be able to express.

Anyway, I want to thank all of you for all the years of support and love. We will always appreciate everything all of you gave us over the past 15 years. Thank you so much and good bye. I think this will be my last diary entry. I just don't think I have the heart for it anymore.
08-19-08 (Riverside Theater) Vedder(Solo) Milwaukee, WI
07-02-11 (Orpheum Theatre) Vedder(Solo) Minneapolis, MN
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    yeah you might wanna check the date of that blog post!
  • That was an April fools joke man. In another blog he's admitted it, and laughed at the millions of people who fell for it (I believe even some journalists).
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison