New to Andrew Bird..

AnnePJAM fanAnnePJAM fan Posts: 69
edited April 2007 in Other Music
Any other Andrew Bird listeners? Just bought Armchair Apocrypha on a bit of a whim after reading the review and listening to bits of the songs on iTunes and rather like it :).
One day the world will be ready for you
and wonder how they didn't see it...E
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    I got the new one from emusic about a month ago and listen to it every few days. It took a few spins to get a feel for it, but now it's one of my favorites of this year. The sound/production on it is off the charts. Listened to his previous one yesterday, and will take a bit to digest as well, but I'm willing to put forth the effort.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktxy7ikUKjM
  • Thanks for the link :)
    One day the world will be ready for you
    and wonder how they didn't see it...E
  • OmahaJammerOmahaJammer Posts: 261
    Any other Andrew Bird listeners? Just bought Armchair Apocrypha on a bit of a whim after reading the review and listening to bits of the songs on iTunes and rather like it :).

Yep, I just picked up this cd about two weeks ago....I've only listened to it about 3 times, because I've bought a LOT of new music lately....but from what I've heard....I think I'm going to LOVE this record. He played in Omaha earlier this week and I'm sad to say I missed it. Supposedly he is the most amazing whistler you'll ever hear at a live show.
    Maybe all I need is a shot in the arm....
  • I have '& The Mysterious Production of Eggs' album on my ipod, and listened to it a couple times as background music. It's good, but it has yet to grow on me. I like the song Fake Palindromes quite a bit.
    Just support Obama, damn it.
  • CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    It is a pretty good CD, the first full album I've heard from him. I think the album drags a bit on the second half, but the first half is really quite good. "Darkmatter" is my favorite track, there are many quality songs on the album.
  • armchair is really good, but check out his stuff with the bowl of fire. those are some great albums.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times