Any Nada Surf fans?

Echo27Echo27 Posts: 57
edited November 2006 in Other Music
I will be the first one to admit that I didn't like their single "Popular" when it was out, but their last two albums completely did me in. I've seen them live a couple of times, and I'm officially in love. Anyone else?
"I am disrespectful to dirt! Can you see that I am serious?"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I've haven't heard anything from them but the song "Popular" and actually didn't mind that song at the time
    Master of Zen
  • now I have to listen to this song....LOL
    Master of Zen
  • I'm a real big the weight is a gift fan. Let Go i think is kind of overrated but there are some really good songs ("Inside Of Love") being probably the best song they have. i've seen them once and they put on a damn good show.
  • mulva9mulva9 Posts: 417
    I'm a huge fan. Seen them probably about 15 times. They are really great live and genuinely nice guys to talk to. The singer even stopped during a show to dedicate the entire show to me after I had told him beforehand how I had turned many people on to them by letting them listen to Let Go.

Last 3 albums have been great. Can't forget about The Proximity Effect. Let Go is my favorite though. Can't beat Killians Red and Paper Boats.
  • larslars Posts: 524
    Nada Surf are okay....good songs. They just need a bit of slayer in them to be cool
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • mulva9 wrote:
    I'm a huge fan. Seen them probably about 15 times. They are really great live and genuinely nice guys to talk to. The singer even stopped during a show to dedicate the entire show to me after I had told him beforehand how I had turned many people on to them by letting them listen to Let Go.

Last 3 albums have been great. Can't forget about The Proximity Effect. Let Go is my favorite though. Can't beat Killians Red and Paper Boats.

wow that' really cool. gotta love a band that actually cares about its fans.
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    Been a fan of theirs since Popular, but i totally LOVE Let Go album. They are a great band to see live. I saw them back early 2004 when they opened up for Death Cab For Cutie. At the show I attended, they played Joy Division's Love Will Tear Us Apart. :) Of course, not a lot of people knew what they were playing.

One of my favorite songs are "Inside of Love" and "Blizzard of '77" :D
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • I like them. Actually, after the "Popular" song, I never heard much about them. Then last year, a co-worker gave me "Let Go" and "The Weight Is A Gift" and I was hooked. We went to see them live in February and it was a great show. Hope to see them again.