Harry Nilsson- The Point

alobaralobar Posts: 310
edited October 2006 in Other Music
I don't know if any of you have seen this animation movie, but it has been a favorite of mine for years. As the legend goes, Nilsson took LSD for the first (and only) time one morning, went for a walk and ended up writing the whole thing along the way.

Here's one of Nilsson's best songs from the movie, "The Point."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrLzX_L9Qko&mode=related&search=

If you're a Beatles fan, I definitely recommend this......Ringo Starr narrates the movie and Nilsson was a good friend of Lennon's.
"I wanna believe in the mercy of the world again."

WAR + MAGIC BEANS = PEACE
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ~~~
  • love harry nilsson! i have 'nilsson schmilsson'. coconut is on there. another great one is early in the morning and the last song, i'll never leave you.
  • blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    I watched The Point when it originally aired on ABC in 1971. I remember it being kind of a tv event and my whole family sat down to watch it. The Beatles tie-in (the fact that Harry Nilsson was a pal of John Lennon,) was part of our motivation, but we also used to listen to an album called Nilsson Sings Newman (Randy Newman) a lot and were familiar with Harry Nilsson because of it. In fact, I still have it and played it recently. It's an exceptional album. Thanks for the link to the YouTube video. I think I'll pass it along to the rest of my family. :)
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • alobaralobar Posts: 310
    I watched The Point when it originally aired on ABC in 1971. I remember it being kind of a tv event and my whole family sat down to watch it. The Beatles tie-in (the fact that Harry Nilsson was a pal of John Lennon,) was part of our motivation, but we also used to listen to an album called Nilsson Sings Newman (Randy Newman) a lot and were familiar with Harry Nilsson because of it. In fact, I still have it and played it recently. It's an exceptional album. Thanks for the link to the YouTube video. I think I'll pass it along to the rest of my family. :)

I've been meaning to pick up the Nilsson Sings Newman album.....so far I have The Point and also a 3 disc Legendary compilation that has tons of stuff from Pussy Cats, Nilsson Schmilsson, A Little Touch of Schmilsson in The Night and more. Nilsson is a gifted songwriter.
    "I wanna believe in the mercy of the world again."

WAR + MAGIC BEANS = PEACE